(K/W) The Compound 2022 Event #5 - $60 NLHE Deepstack - Wed, Aug 17th - 7pm

edited August 2022 in Poker Games
To keep things easy, Event #5 is reschedule, but will now be a regular NLHE tournament (with Double stacks). As an experiment I'm going to try reducing the total number of physical chips per player to see how that plays (for more information see the post below this one)
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

<3 THE DOUBLESTACK - 2022 - EVENT #5 <3
NLHE Freeze-out Tournament
Wed, Aug 17th - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$60 Buy-in - 20 Min blinds - 20,000 Chips - 24 player max.

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 50%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
(1 Table - Top 2, 2 Tables - Top 3)
Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 6 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Cash game chips will be available as tables open up. (Suggested .25/.50 $60 max)

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves:

1. Zithal
2. karthikilan82
3. Bastien
4. shankargv
5. DrTyore
6. Thiyagu
7. Captain Optimism
8. King Mob
9. Shapiro
10. JJ Grubster
11. Pizzle
12. JayLitner
13. Falloon
14. stylecramp
15. Russ

Waiting List

karthikilan82

Comments

• edited August 2022
    Reserved for discussion around starting chips. Whoops... forgot to edit this post. lol
  • We often have a massive pile of 25 and 100 chips by the time it comes to color up and, having tried having less physical chips at the WSOP, I want to see what effect it has on a home game. (It may be more fun to have a pile of chips in front of you, but thought we could give it a try. Having a large number of smaller denomination chips made sense before Big Blind Antes.

Here's how things worked at the WSOP to help the game keep moving.

When you're the blind, first post exact change for the ante. Then post your BB, but don't yet make change for that. Same goes for the SB

If you only have a large chip as your smallest before posting the ante (eg. a 1k chip when the blinds are 100/200, the dealer should flip that chip to another player to make change)

You can then make change from the pot if you choose to fold.

That's it. The change I'm thinking of is to change the 12/12 split of 25/100 chips to 8/8, and remove a single 500 chip for a 1k.
  • Please count me In ...
  • I'm in!

Mark
    Zithal
  • Did the buy in increase as well?
  • In please.
  • edited August 2022
    beach2002 wrote: »
    Did the buy in increase as well?

It did. (Usually $40, but increased to $60 due to having more chips.) I'll also cut the buy-in if there are rebuys for example) Perhaps renaming it to the "High Roller Doublestack"? :D
  • In please
  • Add me on please
  • Sorry, please cancel my reservation
  • One quick bump, 24 hours before cards are in the air!
  • Please sign me up for tonight.
  • In please
  • Hi @Zithal, Can I bring in a friend Thiyagu ?
  • As a heads up, since we're only an hour from start, I'm not going to set up the 3rd table and will instead run 9-max, capping tonight at 18 players. (FT still at 9 players)
  • Hey Zithal , so sorry about the last minute change . I won’t be able to make it today
  • Sorry for the late posting on the results. You would of thought I'd be more on top of things, having won it... oh... spoilers

The night went well, both with the starting stack size as well as the lower number of physical chips. In the end, it was myself vs. two first time players to the Compound, and really just had a hot streak of cards that ran pure.

Results:

1st - Zithal ($400) - 37 points
    2nd - Stylecramp ($250) - 26 points
    3th - Thiyagu ($150) - 22 points
    4th - DrTyore ($60) - 19 points
    5th - JJ Grubster (BUBBLE) - 17 points
    6th - Bastien - 15 points
    7th - Shapiro
    8th - Shankargv
    9th - Captain Optimism
    10th - Russ
    11th - King Mob
    12th - Falloon
    13th - Pizzle
    14th - Karthiklan

With our two top players missing this tournament, the host was able to sneak his way to the top, with DrTyore and Bastien also making big moves!

2022 Player of the Year Race (Top 20)

0u1rk6y8euyi.png