No Limit tournament in Hamilton

Trying to expand our no limit tournament that we have once a month on West Hamilton Mountain. Our group just likes to have fun but we do play to the best of our abilities. Either $50 or $100 buy in (Majority rules) with 20 dollar rebuys. If anyone is interested please let me know and I will provide more information. 100% of the money collected will be returned in prize money.

Comments

• edited July 2022
    I'm interested.

Day? Start time? Is it possible to get starting stack and blind structure? Payout structure? Does a cash game run afterwards?
  • Interested. More details please.
  • My Plan would be to have them monthly and in the summer to have them one week before the long weekends (so that people remember). The tournament would be this Saturday (July 23rd). We would say start around 5 PM and I will admit we have a unique format but think about it before you say you hate it.

People start with 500 chips. Blinds are 10 20 but for rebuy period the blinds do not go up at all. The rebuy amount is kept low ($20.00) so there is a lot of gamble on most tables. It also means if you are a newcomer to poker you feel you get some value for your entry fee and are not blinded out quickly. The first time i was exposed to this I had over 8,000 chips before the add on and there was a dealer from Brantford who had at least as much as me so that equaled 30 rebuys for us alone. We had 29 players using this formats and the first three prizes were over 5 k (at 100 buy in and 20 dollar rebuys). The Add on amount of chips is usually set at 1,000 to reward the people who did well but to also gives other a chance.

After that blinds would go up every 15 minutes (20/40, 40/80, 50/100 (to get rid of small chips), 100/200, 200/400, 300/600, 400/800, 500/1000, 1000/2000 etc). When a table opens up we can do cash.
    Buickman60
  • I'm already committed to another game that day but I'll keep an eye open for future games you post.
  • I am a new player(online only till now)
    Would be interested if it's happening
  • We will make a decision by Thursday PM and update this one way or the other. Thanks.
  • Anyone interested please email at tomshooter@rogers.com and I will supply the address for tomorrow's game. it will start at 6:00 PM. All are welcome.
  • I see you can also send me a message here (if you would prefer). I will monitor it and respond. Look like we will have at least two tables if everyone who committed show up (big if). I have room for three.
  • Sent a message here
  • Any last minute fence sitters or people who get knocked out of Kitchener tournament early (lol) send me a text and I will provide information on our tournament. We are starting at 6:00. 905-577-1911.
  • I missed this one but would be interested for the next.
    Cheers
  • Going to try this again. We having a tournament Saturday Aug 20th at 6:00 PM. Same rules as above.

• Anyone interested please let me know and I will send details.