I'm considering to try out Poker Stars

2»

Comments

• Move up to where they respect your raises.... lol... ok joking aside, better to win a small pot than lose your stack.. Steve is pretty spot on, he has learned a lot in the past couple of years and has done some studying and reading.
  • After that turn, the player is not going anywhere.
  • thisORthat wrote: »
    Interesting find Henry. My biggest question regarding PS dealing has always been "Is the deck shuffled before the hand is dealt (as in live poker and the hand is predetermined before the first card is dealt) or are the cards to be dealt determined as each street is dealt (a random number generator determines the next card dealt only after all action is completed on a particular street)?" Your video (assuming that it's legit, and I have no reason to think it isn't) confirms that PS deals hands the same way as is done in live poker, which is good to know. I've never really been a believer in the "conspiracy theories" circulating about how PS deals to create action etc.; PS has no reason to try to "game" the system - they make lots of easy money off the rake and buy-ins. Why risk losing the golden goose by rigging anything?

Now cheating on the "other side" of the computer is a completely different topic. Collusion and the use of RTS software is undoubtedly an issue with online poker so you still have to tread carefully.
    thisORthat
  • edited April 2021
    Any other players ever try a "timed" tournament. There is an $11 KO Tournament that I'm aboot to play. "At the end of 1 hour, each surviving player will received a share of the prize pool...". Maybe registering late is a good idea?

jopfwc0b2l24.png
  • edited June 2021
    OK so I stopped playing micros because I found that too many wingnuts were playing garbage lucking out and winning... at what level do players NOT play trash?
    (Like I understand playing an odd random hand to balance range but maybe poker karma)

villain opened from button with 6.3bb
    hero (me) 3bet from bb and villain called with 75o...

( image redacted )

• compueasecompuease Admin
    edited April 2021
    7,5 is not really trash on the button, but what exactly happened that he got to the turn? What was your 3 bet to and what was the action on the flop. Was your 3b a min raise by any chance.

**edit** If I read it right villian raised to 1260 and you raised him all in? He had almost half his chips in at that point, he's not folding. Neither would I.
  • Maybe my mistake was to only min raise to 12.6bb which left him with about 1bb.
    Maybe forcing him to contemplate his tournament life would've been the better move?

According to one chart I have 75s is playable from the button but 75o isn't. However, I still consider 7,5 marginal holdings. Like, I figured that villain was just making a move because no players raised in first from earlier positions. And I often play Ax from bb. I've played 7,5 before so now I know what it tastes like being on the other end of the poop schtick.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    Interesting find Henry. My biggest question regarding PS dealing has always been "Is the deck shuffled before the hand is dealt (as in live poker and the hand is predetermined before the first card is dealt) or are the cards to be dealt determined as each street is dealt (a random number generator determines the next card dealt only after all action is completed on a particular street)?" Your video (assuming that it's legit, and I have no reason to think it isn't) confirms that PS deals hands the same way as is done in live poker, which is good to know. I've never really been a believer in the "conspiracy theories" circulating about how PS deals to create action etc.; PS has no reason to try to "game" the system - they make lots of easy money off the rake and buy-ins. Why risk losing the golden goose by rigging anything?

@1:54
    "We reach into the data stream [of information generated from two difference sources; the semi-opaque mirror and data from user input ie mouse movement & time to act] and randomly pick out a number between 1 and 52. And let's say we pull out the number 36. We go into the existing deck of cards. We take card number 36. We put it down on the table. Again we go into the data stream and pick a random number between 1 and 51. Say the number is 45. Great, we pull out card 45..."

@2:28
    "Is that shuffle carried out before any cards are dealt?"
    "Just like in a live game we shuffle the deck, then deal the cards from it..."

So it sounds to me like cards are assigned a random number between 1 and 52. So say the Ace of Hearts isn't always going to be say #1. But the cards aren't dealt in sequence. That is, no predetermination. The Turn, say is generated after the last person to act presses their button. And can be any remaining card in the deck.

To me this sounds more like Concentration where cards are picked randomly from table of cards laid out.
  • So now I know why I don't win all the time, and here I thought it was just cuz I suck at poker.. Thx.. I feel better now.
    thisORthat
  • edited October 2022
    I guess I don't understand whenceforth to make those hero calls with J4o,
    therefore I must be an exceptionally terrible poker players... can't seem to find the fold button but found the uninstall icon.

[ something aint on the level ? ]