Waterloo Poker Classic

It looks like the Waterloo Poker Classic is happening next on Dec11th

http://www.waterloopokerclassic.com/register

Comments

• I'm looking forward to this. This will be my first WPC. I'm surprised I haven't seen them promote this anywhere yet.
  • How do you register for this?
  • GetBlaked wrote: »
    How do you register for this?

Go to the link in the first post..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Go to the link in the first post..

I guess it doesn't work from mobile I did follow the link though
  • Signups are now active.. Move quick it will be gone in a day

http://www.waterloopokerclassic.com/register/wpc
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Signups are now active.. Move quick it will be gone in a day

Am I missing something? Does buying the dinner register you to the tournament and then you pay the buy in at the door?
  • GetBlaked wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Does buying the dinner register you to the tournament and then you pay the buy in at the door?

Yes...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Yes...

Hm ok it sold out in last 2 hours should have checked earlier
  • Wow it sells out fast!!!
    Wow it sells out fast!!!

Yeah the sharks bit hard ,probably better this fish stays at home!
  • I guess they are trying to get around certain things, but they could have been a lot clearer about the fact that buying the supper then saved you a spot for the tournament.

Worst part is, I have been keeping an eye on their website for a while - and the dinner has been posted for a while. I figured I would wait for the actual tournament registration to show up and make sure that I got a spot before buying the dinner.

Got the email today. Saw it an hour later. Went to the website - still only said the dinner. Figured I must have missed the window for signing up. Emailed the organizer to make sure.

By the time I received the response of course the "dinner" was filled :-(
  • DataMn wrote: »
    I guess they are trying to get around certain things, but they could have been a lot clearer about the fact that buying the supper then saved you a spot for the tournament.

Worst part is, I have been keeping an eye on their website for a while - and the dinner has been posted for a while. I figured I would wait for the actual tournament registration to show up and make sure that I got a spot before buying the dinner.

Got the email today. Saw it an hour later. Went to the website - still only said the dinner. Figured I must have missed the window for signing up. Emailed the organizer to make sure.

By the time I received the response of course the "dinner" was filled :-(

Well at least we now know better for next time.
  • Sorry Guys this got me the first time also. Didn't even think to tell people to watch for that!
    Signups are now active.. Move quick it will be gone in a day

How do you get on the mailing list?
  • I emailed them and asked from their site
  • A friend of mine has a been watching the site for weeks. I know at least 3 people who were registered before I posted it here, and we're not even on the email list.
  • Ended 12th for $250. I heard that the players go chop crazy, so I played the last 4-5 tables as if it was a satellite for 15 players.

Ended up with a few players that had no interest in chopping, so found myself short Once we hit the money.
  • It did get chopped at 6 for $2000 a piece. A guy from my game got in on it at least
  • Ffs...There was one hold out for a deal when we were at 7. I’ve never been so pissed off to win $700 as I was last night. Now to hear I bubbled a deal. Ughhh This will probably sting for a while.
  • Gottaget wrote: »
    Ffs...There was one hold out for a deal when we were at 7. I’ve never been so pissed off to win $700 as I was last night. Now to hear I bubbled a deal. Ughhh This will probably sting for a while.

Ouch
  • The one that I went to they split at 9 players (there was one hold out at 13 players) and I was glad because I went out 8th so $300 cash out turned into ~$920:)