Waterloo Poker Classic Q3

Heads up seat fill quick..

Thursday September 19th
Doors 5:30PM, Dinner at 5:45PM
Chicken, Pizzas, Samosas, Hummus
Drinks and snacks available all night

Comments

• BTW this is a member only for Waterloo Poker Classic so if your not a member you won't get the email and link to register. but as a reminder to those that are a member to register quick!
  • Registered....
  • I can't play this one because of a conflict but its always a great game and huge return on money.. Last was 120 players so 12,000 Prize pool over 15 players. 1st normally gets around $3500
  • Yep, I've heard it is pretty bingo though. My kinda game, the only way I can compete, just push and pray..

Any idea on the actual structure?
  • no sorry
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    BTW this is a member only for Waterloo Poker Classic so if your not a member you won't get the email and link to register. but as a reminder to those that are a member to register quick!

How do you become a member. I see a link to register for dinner for $12. Does that get me into the tourney oris there another link?
  • moose wrote: »
    How do you become a member. I see a link to register for dinner for $12. Does that get me into the tourney oris there another link?

Yes that's correct you pay for dinner as the entry
    Yes that's correct you pay for dinner as the entry

And it used to be members only, maybe they opened it up to anyone!!
  • So you pay for dinner in advance and then you pay for the tourney day of?
    And it used to be members only, maybe they opened it up to anyone!!

ok but how do you become a member
  • Fuck yeah. This is going to be 2 min from my house.
  • I got the invite I think because Tim vouched for me and I was then contacted by Nigel. lol, my primary purpose is not necessarily the poker it's to meet contacts to perhaps expand our business west. We don't want to go more east as that f'in traffic is unbearable. I was just all the way in Vaughan yesterday with one of our bigger clients and coming back was brutal.

Not sure if you are aware of software called ConnectWise Steve but we have invested in it fairly heavily to allow us to more efficiently manage all of our clients remotely both from predictive and reactive directions. (RMM Remote Monitoring and Management). We used to use Solarwinds but it just didn't do it for us... Several of our guys have been spending days doing the training. Not me, I'm too old to learn but I see what it can do and it's something that any I/T company ho wants to keep up has to get involved...
    ok but how do you become a member

if you signed up for the dinner then no need to be a member I guess! It was originally for technology people in the area to network etc... maybe they have opened it up to the public. Paying for your $12 meal reserves your spot and then you pay at the door for entry. You will then be assigned a table and can go eat. Dedicated dealer at each table that also plays
  • Damn! Wanted to go but the website has it listed as sold out. :(
  • Who else is registered besides me and comp?
  • Me, and a couple of others I know.
  • It is pretty much Bingo except for the summer one which is a deep stack. Blinds every 15 min with volunteer dealers. The players take turns shuffling cards so dealing is fairly quick at least. You pay in advance for food, then line up for the $100 buy in when you arrive. I usually don’t play it any more because the structure is too fast. They want to finish before midnight. And usually 8 or more decide to chop.
  • It is still a fun night though...but yes you need the cards at the right times. But there are the same people floating around the top ten. It isn't a complete bingo fest.
  • Encouraged or discouraged to give out business cards?
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Damn! Wanted to go but the website has it listed as sold out. :(

Yeah it sells out quick. Ask to be put on the mailing list if they will!
  • compuease wrote: »
    Encouraged or discouraged to give out business cards?

well, it is supposed to be for members of the tech community to network, and I have met a few people from other companies. But there is not much time to chat, and it is a pretty mixed bag of people. I have never seen anyone hand out cards, but it don’t think they care. But you would be hard pressed to find the right person who could make a business decision regarding your service.
  • The big day!
    The big day!

See you there at 5:30
  • Well after getting my pocket Queens all in pre flop, against two Ace King hands for about 8k I was eliminated by a King on the flop. This time the tournament ended with an 8 way chop for $1600 a piece.
  • lol, not much better than that to get it in, similar to me, my AQ vs two Q,10's and I lose to a str8.. Crippled me and I went out a few hands later.
  • Saw the results, seems like 8 players chopped for 1620 each.. They always chop!

Copy of email

Good morning Steve,

So what happened last night? Who won?

The winners circle was diverse and included first-time WPC players, WPC dealers and WPC stalwarts.

James and Michael busted out at the same time in 15th place for $100. Then long-time WPC player and dealer, Scot was next in 14th place with $200. Then Donna, another WPC veteran, busted out in 12th place and Gerald finished 11th.

Barry, a first-time WPC player and bowling buddy of WPC founding sponsor John Heffner finished in 10th and had a blast. Norm, a long-time WPC player and one of our illustrious dealers busted out in 9th and paving the way for our final table.

The last eight players decided on an 8-way chop taking home a cool $1,620 each which was better than 3rd place prize money. Shannon, a first-time WPC player, took a day off work just to play in the game and was one of the chip leaders at the time of the chop.

Also in the chop are regular WPC players like KevinE, JeanP, AdamL, MarkB, DarcyR. ByronB was a first time player who was extremely gracious enough to deal, good on you Byron!

There are some cool photos below and I'm sending this note from my iPhone at 10,000 feet in the air on my way to Vancouver so forgive me if I missed anything.

Our epic events would not be possible without the amazing support of the community and people like you. Huge thanks to Heffner Lexus Toyota, Dr. James Johnson of KMH Labs, Rick Kent of The Cooperators, Jack Fitzgerald of Twin City Remax, Shawky and Shaddi Fahel of the JG Group of Companies, Vijay Thakul of Vijay's Restaurant and, of course, Grand Innovations, Lesley Bezpaly, Jody Schnarr and Scott Higgins of HIP Developments.

If you'd like to learn more about the Gaslight Condos project, reply to this email and I would be happy to help. Once again, dealers, you rock.

We will announce the Q4 and final game of 2019 over email so if you are not on our distribution list, email me and I will get you on it. It’ll likely be in early December in UpTown Waterloo.

Thanks friends,

Nabil