(K/W) The Compound Poker Classic - $20 Weeknight NLHE - Wed, July 17th - 7pm

We've been playing a number of weeknight Turbo tournaments, so I thought it would be good to get back to a regularly scheduled game. Most of the Turbos have been ending just past 10, so I think will go to about 11.
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

:s::h: THE COMPOUND POKER CLASSIC - 2019 - EVENT #5 :c::d:
NLHE Tournament
(with Big Blind antes)
Wed, July 17th - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$20 Buy-in - 20 Min blinds - 10,000 Chips - 32 player max.

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 45%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
5th place - 5%
(1 Table - Top 2, 2 Tables - Top 3, 3 Tables - Top 4)
Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 4 hours. Seating is limited to 32 players with alternates. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Blind schedule, chip values, rules, etc, etc, will be posted at my place, or you may msg me for specifics.

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves:

1. Zithal
2. DrTyore
3. Fallon
4. Ranger
5. labeach2002
6. JayLitner
7. Oragami
8. MightyMulder
9. Pizzle
10. RaydonPoker
11. Jtran93
12. Shapiro
13. King Mob (L)
14. Sam
15. JJ Grubster
16. TwoSeven
17. Jenny
18. thisOrThat

Comments

• I'm in!

Mark
  • In please.

Jay
  • Add me please!

Ranger
  • Please add me onto this!
  • I’m in
  • Count me in!

Zach
  • In please!
  • Looks fun, count me in!
  • Damn it!! I'm at the cottage all this week. Never thought I would say that sentence in anger! Have fun guys/gals!
  • Put me in Please and Thank you
  • Cash game afterwards? If yes, what's the blinds/buy-in? If no, anyone interested in last longer bets?
  • Cash games are usually, .25/.25 with a 60 max buy in, but it can go higher if players want and with other games.
  • trigs wrote: »
    Cash game afterwards? If yes, what's the blinds/buy-in? If no, anyone interested in last longer bets?

I'll do a $20 last longer with you if you want.
  • Please add Sam to the list
  • Count me in!
  • Please add Jenny to the list
  • In Toronto for work. I'll head to the Rex Hotel jazz bar as compensation for missing this event.
  • in ...

"I don't gamble, if you will concede that poker is a game of skill." ~Robert A. Heinlein
  • Can someone pm me the address please and thank you
  • If there is still room i'd love to play....may be 10 minutes late but I'll be there.
  • Sounds good!
  • Event #5 brought us back to the format I used to run all the time, which meant I had thought we'd be ending around midnight. This event also brought out a number of new players to the Compound, which was great to see. It was nice getting to know some of the newer players in town.

I busted early, ending my points streak to 4 games. The original starting 19 was whittled down to a 5, and it was RaydonPoker that ended up on the money bubble. Sam and Jenny ended in 4th and 3rd, respectively, which left the heads up battled between the chip lead of JJ Grubster, and our defending back to back Player of the Year, labeach2002.

In the end, the chip lead held up and JJ Grubster became Event #5 Champion!!

FULL RESULTS:

1st - JJ Grubster ($190) - 44 points
    2nd - labeach2002 ($95) - 31 points
    3rd - Jenny ($55) - 25 points
    4th - Sam ($40) - 22 points
    5th - RaydonPoker (BUBBLE) - 19 points
    6th - Pizzle - 18 points
    7th - TwoSeven - 16 points
    8th - Oragami - 15 points
    9th - DrTyore - 15 points
    10th - Shapiro
    11th - JayLitner
    12th - Jtran93
    13th - Ranger
    14th - KingMob
    15th - ThisOrThat
    16th - Zithal
    17th - Fallon
    18th - MightyMulder
    19th - 800Over

For our Player of the Year race, JJ debuts at #7 for his win, Sam moves 8 spaces, from 13 to 5!

2019 PLAYER OF THE YEAR RACE (TOP 10)

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 56px"><col width="58"><col width="132"><col width="102"></colgroup><tbody>
    Zithal

EdTheTed

labeach2002

KingMob

labeach2002+1 Sam

Moose

n/a
    JJ Grubster

Shapiro

beanie42

Fallon

</tbody>