Proudly Presents:

An Evening of No-Limit Texas Hold’em

$60 Buy-in Freezeout for 2000 chips
(max 40 players)

Saturday April 9th, 2005 - 2pm
(doors open at 1:30pm)

Email reply to parkstpokerpit@hotmail.com

Comments

• 28 players registered so far for tommorow, let me know if you want in. C'mon $60 isn't that much lol.

See you all then.

stp
  • Where the heck is park street? LOL
  • It's near The K-W Hospital. coming form city hall, once you pass over vistoria, look for agnes st. turn left there and you will hit park st.

hope to see all y'all there tomorrow.........er' wait. today.lol

late night of poker...........
  • I need an address or phone number for directions ASAP! If someone could email me quickly at chirs_c_66@hotmail.com that would be awesome!
  • Sorry about the no show guys. Didnt wake up till 11ish and had to drive home from St. kitts and didnt get directions in time.
  • Soup66 wrote:
    Sorry about the no show guys. Didnt wake up till 11ish and had to drive home from St. kitts and didnt get directions in time.

No problem Soup, see you next time hopefully.

stp
  • Five Poker Forum.ca members battled a very strong field of 37 players to make it to the final table.  We saw Cole "Holly" Woods short stacked going in to the final table of 10, after successfully stealing a few blinds and doubling up with AK vs. JJ Cole had another good chance to double up when his AQh was up against Caillou's KT (small Blind vs. Big Blind).  The turn brought a Ten and Cole went home with nothing except for the admiration of his peers and 7th place bragging rights. 

Brad "can't remember your CPF name" played an overall tight game and couldn't outlast the remaining 5 players.  Brad was blinded out in 6th spot.  Great game Brad.

Adeel "zamandaman" had a few lucky breaks early on and some great lay downs when put under pressure.  Adeel hit a runner runner flush when lamb_of_John had top pair on the flop after a preflop all-in push.  Adeel was involved in a number of exciting hands but his fate was sealed when his A9 ran into Corey "folded" AJ at the final table.  No 9 on the board meant that Adeel was going home with $100 and Corey's stack was starting to look a little scary. 

Chris S. and Alex Patrick (I believe) finished 4th and 3rd respectively.  Both played very well but ran into two very determined very discipline players in Caillou and Folded, both CPF members! 

Caillou travelled down from Brampton with his possey to take down the Pit, his confidence and skill were unmatched throughout the tournament as I heard several players comment on how good of a player he was.  However...

The local favourite had to be a more quiet and reserved Cory "folded".  Playing his big stack to perfection he had Caillou questioning every move.  Both players batled heads up for close to 30 minutes before Corey had a 4-1 ege on Caillou.  Caillou pushed with A5 off suit and Corey feeling the effects of a 7 hour tournament called with 78 offsuit.  The flop gave both players hope as Caillou drew a gut shot and Corey hit top pair.  Flop 4 8 3.  The turn was a little less promising but a 2 would still do it for Caillou.  Turn 8.  The river came down another 8 for a brilliant looking call by Corey with 78.  Sure Corey was hitting cards at the final table but this does not take away how he battled back with 25 players left  when he only had 4x the Big Blind.  Very well played both heads up finallists.  Corey took away $1000 for his troubles and Caillou took away $500.

Thank you all for coming, I hope everyone had a good time.  I want to apologize to everyone for the somewhat late start we had.  There was a bit of a chip mix up and I had a few players show that I was not expecting, all in all though I hope the wait was worth it. 

stp
  • Another great tourney shannon thanx for hosting. Congrats to Corey and the other final table players on there finishes.
  • second tourny been to there good job guys tahnks for having it 9th wasn to bad congrats corey.
  • Thanks Guys...

A huge thanks to Shannon and the crew for another great tournament.

As for the win, had to battle back many times when we were down to 16 or so guys. I was down to less than $1000 3 different occasions when there was only 16 left. Got lucky on a lot of draws.

As for the final table, great players. Graham definitely understands and plays the game very well. We had some huge chip swings with 5 or 6 guys left which made the final few plays very interesting.. Glad to see guys coming down from Brampton, etc to test the KW poker waters.....

Definitely looking forward to the KWSOP in June. Hope to see you all out there as well...

Cory (aka "Folded")
  • Had a great time in my first time out to the Pit, even with the bubble finish.
    I was down to 1100 chips when we hit 2 tables, but came across a nice rush of cards and managed to enter the final table with about 8K with blinds up to 400/800 - I think that was around average stack.
    Only 2 real big pots for me at the final table as it seemed there was somebody busting out almost every hand. The first one I called a small raise from UTG on my BB and took a stab at the ragged flop, only to have the UTG instantly push all-in over the top so after that hand I was back down to 4200. A few hands later pushed with 99 and lost a race against QJ which left me with less than a blind and I was forced in a couple hands later.

Thanks Shannon for a great tourney and hopefully I'll be able to make it out for a few more soon.

Brad