2019 WSOP Main Event.

Comments

• You have already beaten about 6K entries, less than 3K to go. On the home stretch now... Take it all the way..
  • GL Mike. I have a good feeling about this.

Jay
  • mike, i'm just excited you gave me 20% of you for $1K... :)
  • folded wrote: »
    mike, i'm just excited you gave me 20% of you for $1K... :)

Geeez... I must have been drunk as fuck.

Although that is the proper markup for me
  • Ok.... Second hand i am delt i get pocket kings. Guy had raised in front of me to 5k. I reraise to 17k and he calls. Flop comes ace 7 3. And he checks i bet out 12k. He calls turn is a j he checks and bet out 18k. River another totaly uncoordinated card. He checks and bet out 45k. He is in the tank for 2 mins the callls with AQ.
    I think he wanted to re-raise.
  • Slow and steady. Just got the guy back that killed my kimgs. I had A9 hearts. He had aces. Flop was 9 turn was a 9. I am sitting with 190k average is 203k. So still alive.
  • On first break. Sitting with 180k with blinds at 1500-3000-3000.
  • On first break. Sitting with 180k with blinds at 1500-3000-3000.

Still a decent M of 24. Patience is your friend.
  • Short dinner break so may as well have wine. 20190708_164331.jpg
  • Oh yeah. Roller coaster so far but have 165k left blinds next level are 4000 8000.
  • Now is when you need a couple of those big pairs.. I can feel a double up arriving soon.
  • This is awesome to follow. We're all rooting for you Pimp. Keep watching PokerGo to see if you're on TV, or your Smurf!
  • Stay steady Mike.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Mike McDonald is sitting 37th.

Mike McDonald doesn't have a smurf. Goooooo Pimp!!!! I call final table cheering section if you rent a plane!!!
  • Mathers wrote: »
    Mike McDonald doesn't have a smurf. Goooooo Pimp!!!! I call final table cheering section if you rent a plane!!!
    Are you sure, I'm flying the plane.......
  • Ok just before our table broke i got a full double up sitting with 355,000. Blinds are 2000-4000-4000. There are 1800 peeps left.
    Have 10 J clubs on the big blind. Everyone folds and the button makes it 11,000. I call the flop is A d 9c 8 c guy bets 24,000 i call. Turn is the Qc i shove all in and say " if you got it you got it" guy snap calls. He had AQ off. Get the full double up and 10 mins later our table is broken.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Are you sure, I'm flying the plane.......

Still in!
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Yes

And that about sums it up, about 500 to go I think..
  • Ok just before our table broke i got a full double up sitting with 355,000. Blinds are 2000-4000-4000. There are 1800 peeps left.
    Have 10 J clubs on the big blind. Everyone folds and the button makes it 11,000. I call the flop is A d 9c 8 c guy bets 24,000 i call. Turn is the Qc i shove all in and say " if you got it you got it" guy snap calls. He had AQ off. Get the full double up and 10 mins later our table is broken.

According to chipcounts that puts you at about 350th. And just noticed, that was a str8 fl?
    According to chipcounts that puts you at about 350th. And just noticed, that was a str8 fl?

That was in fact a straight flush. In have been talking with Conrad about that move for 3 months. The over betting the pot if you lockbox into quads or a straight flush. It worked.

Way to go Mike!!! Keep it up!

If you want to get together after you bag, Trigs and I are keeping our schedules open.
  • Falloon wrote: »
    Way to go Mike!!! Keep it up!

If you want to get together after you bag, Trigs and I are keeping our schedules open.

You guys keep him sober assuming he's in...

Well maybe not, he did just get that str8 flush after a bottle of wine.. Why aren't you guys over there railing him?
  • 1 small complaint about this whole WSOP thing and how they don't give a fuck about any of the recreational players. The chip leader on my last table had a million chips. The reporter came over and asked another WSOP guy if he knew whom he was. Guy answers "he's not a pro don't worry about reporting it. Guy next to me asks me if I heard that..... I shake my head and he says once they got your 10grand they don't give 2 shits.

Kinda sad really. I bet the guy has friends watching for updates .
  • 1 small complaint about this whole WSOP thing and how they don't give a fuck about any of the recreational players. The chip leader on my last table had a million chips. The reporter came over and asked another WSOP guy if he knew whom he was. Guy answers "he's not a pro don't worry about reporting it. Guy next to me asks me if I heard that..... I shake my head and he says once they got your 10grand they don't give 2 shits.

Kinda sad really. I bet the guy has friends watching for updates .

Don't worry about that, Moneymaker was a rec before he won too... They are going to remember the smurf guy for a long time..

SMURFS UP!

334 to go to the money...
    Why aren't you guys over there railing him?

I went over for the start of day 2, and Trigs went this morning. I'm planning to go back for the start of the day 4. I leave tomorrow, so I'm not sure how long I can stay.
    You guys keep him sober assuming he's in...

Well maybe not, he did just get that str8 flush after a bottle of wine.. Why aren't you guys over there railing him?

I was there at the 12pm start to wish Mike good luck. Witnessed the offical shuffle up and deal which was pretty cool too. Wandered around to see some of the pros still playing. Pretty cool seeing Scotty Nguyen, Johnny Chan, etc.

I will also be there tomorrow as I'm playing the 1am deepstack.
  • On break. Blinds will be 2500-5000-5000. I have 315,000.

It is expensive as each round costs ya 12,500.
    1650 players left. This level upcoming and one more after that.
  • Doing great, M is still at 25.. And more than half the remaining players are behind you.
  • Ok, lost a fair sized pot. I had AK off in the big blind. Everyone folds. Small blind raised to 15k I call. Flop is A72 rainbow. Small blind bets 20k I call, turn is J now there are 2 hearts and guy bets 20k again. I call. River is another 2 and flush doesn't get there. Guy bets 50k I think I am beating everything except pocket jacks , can't imagine raising a 2 from small blind . Anyways he had A2 SPADES. Lost a ton.

Sitting with 215,000.

Tough table , lots of 3 bets.