What Would you Do?

So figured that maybe we need some hands on here to discus and I think it is much more funk to ask other people what they would do in this situation and why.

So 90 player MTT, 2 hours into the game and 16 players left (13 places are paid) Folds come around to you in Small Blind with AJo. What do you do and why? I will show the results later this weekend. You can See my HUD information to see VPIP/Hands and BBs

Annotation 2019-05-24 230200.png

Comments

• I would shove all in.

You are only up against 1 player and out of position against the 2nd loosest player on the table and you have 12 big blinds left.

He he should be calling your shove with about 40% of his starting hands when it’s blind on blind , so your AJ plays pretty well there.
  • I'm betting 750, just enough to entice him to think you may fold to his shove and of calling if he does. As Mike says, you are way ahead of range and since you look tight he may think you will fold to his shove.. Too much fancy play syndrome maybe?
    Or maybe call hoping he'll shove? I could do either actually...
  • I'm shoving here. 12 BBs is not enough to get fancy with.
  • Can I ask what HUD / Tracking software that is? Im still using PT3 and it's ungodly out of date I'm sure...

Also, if I"m reading it right, the yellow #'s are voluntarily put money in pot, and the number of hands.... what about his aggression quotient?

You're M value (fuck you # of BB people) is in the danger zone, so a push is fine... alternatively a stop N go may not be bad if you're looking to go deep vs. break even. So, I'd either push outright, or call, hope for a raise from him for me to get it all in, or push on any flop if he just calls.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Can I ask what HUD / Tracking software that is? Im still using PT3 and it's ungodly out of date I'm sure...

PT4, And I can do M value here but I have to find a way to pull the current blind values to put this here. I just do this calc in my head now which kind of defeats the purpose of a HUD, also if you look there is a more detailed HUD just over the players name that if I mouse over will show that has all the good numbers like Fold to 3B, CBetting etc..
  • Also I have different colors to mean different things, Green means for me I am playing within my range for VPIP, 0-25% The BB number turns Red at 20 BB and yellow 21-50 and green above 50. The other players BB are the same but the VPIP changes based on the aggression level and the number of hands helps to validate that number if green for number of hands then I can trust the VPIP number for the user. IE I can't trust VPIP if only 10 hands etc.. Taken me a while to put this HUD together to show just what I want and understand each number And it's all preflop stuff!
  • Standard shove, imo. You are the short stack at the table, you add more than 10% of your stack by stealing blinds and antes. In a 90man SNG, prizes are top heavy and you need more chips to get into the top three.
    -
    A shove looks weaker in this spot vs raising, so you might get more hands in the BB to call as you could be doing this with any two cards to be stealing.
  • So here is the result of this hand. Some different interesting points of view. For me this was a standard shove based on the amount of BB I had left. Interesting point compuease about make it just big enough to make it look like a steal. It didn't turn out but I would still shove here again and I agree the BB is going to be calling really loose here like 40-45% range. Thanks all, I'm going to try to make this a weekly thing to pick a hand at random at a random decision point. Helps everyone learn!

ResultOfHand.png
  • You are correct. I would do it again in the same situation. Most times you will be on the winning side of this.
  • Agreed, no matter what the results were, the idea was to get it in no matter how you did it with that chip stack..