Emergency maintenance tonight at 10:30 pm

FYI, the forum will be down for 15-20 min at 10:30 pm EST

The Management..

Hopefully we will return...>:D

Comments

• Will be repeating this again at 10:30 tonight, Tuesday. FYI to all, Steve (Mr Caspan) is doing fantastic work behind the scenes fixing up some of the old software. In the long run this may allow us to update the site and "maybe" even generate some revenue that may turn into profit which I would like to share with the long standing members via "freerolls" that have stuck with us forever. Can't promise but will try.
  • just send me $50 bucks and we'll call it even..
  • folded wrote: »
    just send me $50 bucks and we'll call it even..

Should have said long standing "positive contributing" members...
  • Make it 75 now
  • You're donating $75. to the first forum freeroll? Thanks..
  • The #1 thing can you try and add is tagging, as in @compuease
  • moose wrote: »
    The #1 thing can you try and add is tagging, as in @compuease

I have no idea what that even is....... Maybe it will make sense to Steve.
  • You tag someone with an @ in front of their name and they get a notification.
  • I have the capability of doing this compuease. Very easy to impediment and I agree with moose it makes user engagement very easy. IE The default setting for the forum is to auto subscribe to posts that you start or reply to. But what about threads that you were not in? Why would you even look there unless someone pointed you to the thread. If I wanted moose to look at something that he was not apart off I would just write "Hey @moose" maybe you can answer this?". He would be notified that he was mentioned in this thread.

Maybe we can talk tonight about a few things.
  • No problem, call me anytime, I'm home for the evening.. Let's not make any mods or add features until you are comfortable that it's stable and we have the site safely moved. FYI, you can use my first name here, no need to keep it secret... lol, I think everyone left on the forum knows who I am, a lot even where I live...
  • How about a sort of "shared calendar" option that would show upcoming local games and link to their threads? (I havent looked into it but it seems tthere is a calendar plugin for vbulletin.)

Just an idea though, not sure how feasable it would be.
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    How about a sort of "shared calendar" option that would show upcoming local games and link to their threads? (I havent looked into it but it seems tthere is a calendar plugin for vbulletin.)

Just an idea though, not sure how feasable it would be.

Hey @Bfillmaff post any site suggestions here http://www.pokerforum.ca/f15/site-suggestion-thread-34530/ well have a look at them after the site is moved tonight to see what is possible with upgrades etc..