Waterloo Poker Classic Signup is now on!

Just got the email for this quarters Waterloo Poker Classic. If you are involved in this tournament sign up quick as seats go fast!

Canada's best poker experience is back! The Q2 WPC will be on my birthday, Tuesday May 28th at an epic and new venue, 5 Michael Street.

THE WPC GAME PARTICULARS:
Tuesday May 28, 5:30PM sharp
Doors 5:30PM, Dinner at 5:30PM
Chicken, Pizzas, Samosas, Hummus
Drinks and snacks available all night
🙏Reply to me email if you can deal
No assholes policy so govern yourself accordingly
Tournament Director will remove any players violating policy

If you want to join the league please email "Nabil G. Fahel" <nabil@waterloopokerclassic.com>

Comments

• signed up! looking forward to it.
  • I just got note that it sold out within 1 hour.. Wow!
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I just got note that it sold out within 1 hour.. Wow!

Now we just need to get them all to sign up here to drive more traffic..
  • Arrg! I don't check this forum for one day and miss out.
  • Email Nabil and ask if you can be on the email list for the next one. And when you get the email be fast!
    Email Nabil and ask if you can be on the email list for the next one. And when you get the email be fast!
    I just did that... and introduced myself using yourself and Tim Jackson as references....
  • I just play the deepstack in the summer. Structure for the regular tournaments is crazy.
  • Yeah it can be a little fast for blinds.. I don't mind it too much but it is fast paced!
  • "fast paced" = -EV

:-)
  • 18 way even split = champion
  • EdtheTed wrote: »
    "fast paced" = -EV

:-)
    Actually if it's unraked then it does not mean -EV, simply means you have to adjust as there is more luck involved.
    kwmatt wrote: »
    18 way even split = champion
    Now THAT is messed up, is that typical for this tournament? I would likely be the guy who refuses unless I was real short stacked. Of course I likely wouldn't be invited back..
  • Last one it was a 10 way split at the final table.. based on the blind speeds and the 20BB stacks most had, it's worth it for me to split. Our payout was $900 each and $2000 to the chip leader who was 2.5x higher then the next 3 stacks. So considering buy-in was $100 a x9 profit for 3 hours was not too bad! But it is up to you you can decide no to split!
  • The last one that went all the way to a single winner was one of deep stack ones held on a Saturday way back in early 2018. Me and another guy split the 1st and 2nd prizes even, and then played for the remaining $500 and Trophy. I lost heads up. Going into the final 2 tables I was up at least 5 to one to the next biggest stack, and some were getting angry that I refused any type of chop (I found it funny really). Tim the director was totally understanding in that I didn't want to.
  • Well of course the smaller stacks were mad :) I have no problem with saying no if I feel I have a chance. In the last event I had like 15-20BB and such aggressive blinds it was basically a coin toss as to who would win so I said sure I'll split and I am glad I did because finishing 8th would have only net me $300 but really both my all inside were in my favor but lost to variance so who knows... if I feel I am in good position though I won't split! Again why would you, be mad all you want I came to win, what did you come to do?
  • hey Compuease if I can get Nabil to let me make an announcement do you care if I plug the forum? I would assume you would not care but just checking, there will be 100+ players there so a good place to plug it!
  • mrcaspan wrote: »
    hey compuease if i can get nabil to let me make an announcement do you care if i plug the forum? I would assume you would not care but just checking, there will be 100+ players there so a good place to plug it!

absolutely! I remember years ago we actually had pokerforum.ca business cards.. maybe it's time to consider that again.
  • Yeah that might be a good idea. They would not allow outside announcements but I spoke to a few people and yes Business cards would have been nice but it is an easy site name to remember.

BTW I finished in 84th place of 145 players I think [MENTION=17939]kwmatt[/MENTION] was walking around before me shaking his head at a bad beat!
  • Well I know it's pretty fast so you gotta get it in. 50 min blinds, 50K chips and 250BB's is going to be different for my in the Big50.
  • You can be all loosey goosey and eat a sandwich!
  • compuease wrote: »
    absolutely! I remember years ago we actually had pokerforum.ca business cards.. maybe it's time to consider that again.

Our friend Conrad runs a staples branch.......so cheap cards if you wanna send me a design.
  • Our friend Conrad runs a staples branch.......so cheap cards if you wanna send me a design.

I wonder if there are still any around, I used to have some years ago but they are long gone.. I would be the worst designer in the world, perhaps we can see if we have anyone on here who would be good at it?
    Yeah that might be a good idea. They would not allow outside announcements but I spoke to a few people and yes Business cards would have been nice but it is an easy site name to remember.

BTW I finished in 84th place of 145 players I think [MENTION=17939]kwmatt[/MENTION] was walking around before me shaking his head at a bad beat!

Ya, ran my king high flush into the nuts
  • unnamed.jpgunnamed (1).jpg

If you want to know what happened last night, read on.&#55357;&#56530;

First of all, thanks for joining us for another awesome Waterloo Poker Classic in Waterloo Region. On a personal level, it was also a great to spend my birthday with so many friends! It was a fun evening in downtown Kitchener and it turned out to be a particularly great night for our host and the President of Momentum Developments, Mike Maxwell.&#55356;&#57303;️

After seven-time WPC player NickB busted out in 15th place, nine-time WPC player RussellB busted out in 14th and two-time WPC player JamesV in 13th.&#55356;&#57286;

From our foundation, our goal with the WPC was to be the best poker experience and biggest game in town. Apparently we're the most cordial game in town too. Yet again, when it came down to the final 12 players, the group elected to chop the pot for approximately $1200 each.&#55357;&#56496;

The winners circle included two first-time WPC players in BastienR and ThomasK as well as three-time WPC player LaurieT and nine-time WPC player AdamL. Karma was on the side of two of our amazing dealers, fourteen-time WPC player KyleJ and four-time WPC player RhysG! Moreover, eleven-time WPC player GrantL was also part of the big chop.&#55357;&#56496;

It was also a great night for people in tech. The winner circle included four-time WPC player JodyS of Fibernetics, twelve-time WPC player GladB of Dejero, five-time WPC player RickD of Cre8tive Tech and Design, eleven-time WPC player GrantL of Vehikl, and five-time WPC player LuiG who is known as "Sweet Lou from the Soo," and co-founder of Sweet Lou's Cookies after a long career at BlackBerry.&#55356;&#57194;

We have not decided the next date yet. We may elect to bring back the more relaxed Saturday or Sunday format for a bit more playability. In any case, stay tuned for the next game announcement which will likely be September or October.♥️

We all know we live in an awesome community. One thing that makes us awesome is our willingness to help those in need. Therefore, please, please, please consider joining us and playing in the June 21st Chips for Choice tournament for the benefit of SHORE Centre. Both Tim and I will be there as well as many of our mutual friends including Carol Leaman who will be hosting the game in Axonify's massive event space.&#55356;&#57137;

The funniest moment of the night was when former WPC sponsor and President of Built By Engineers, Brian Collier lost his giant set of keys with four different car keys on them. After scouring the room and pausing the game for a mass search moment, he ended up finding them in the pocket of his own jacket. Brian's mother Rose was with us last night and did not wait until they reached the parking lot to yell at him. I have totally been there Brian! This just goes to show that you are never too old to be yelled at by your mom! &#55357;&#56833;

Below is a photo of all of the winners and we'd like to thank our incredibly generous sponsors and volunteers one last time. If you'd like to learn more about any of them, just click their logos below, for a change, Caputo.&#55357;&#56846;

If you have any questions about any of them, just let us know, we're always happy to help.&#55357;&#56960;

Until next time friends,
  • I forget his username here, but Forum member Lou G. (owner at www.sweetlouscookies.com‎) is helping hold the trophy in the top row.
  • Yeah Lou did great, I was talking to him before the tournament!
  • Great tounament if you can make them....was a fun night till my luck ran out in 16th.
  • I sent a message to Tim a few weeks back about getting my name on the list for the next one but haven't heard anything back..
  • Lou G... - magithighs
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Great tounament if you can make them....was a fun night till my luck ran out in 16th.

Hey that's a good run for a bingo game!! Congrats man!