Is there any interest in starting a weekly biweekly 25NL or 50NL game?

Curious if any one is interested in playing in a weekly or biweekly .25/.25 or .25/.50 game? I like playing cash a lot more then tournaments but a lot of the games on here are a bit out of my price range. I feel like I am still learning and don't always have the bankroll to just throw $300 away on a night to more advanced players that would be glad to take my money to teach me a lesson, I'd rather only give them some of my money :)

Just curious if there is any interest in this low stakes of a game. If there is enough to get 6- 10 players then I might think about starting up a recurring low stakes cash game.

Thought or ideas? If you are interested just give the post a like so I can gauge interest

Comments

• Sure, biweekly game would be great. Can’t promise I’d come to everyone but probably once a month and if I’m a good boy my wife might let me play twice a month. Saturday nights are best for me. Would it be only hold em? Would you be taking rake? Maybe a survey monkey might be a good idea?
  • There would be no rake! and Holdem only as that is all I know how to play but at that level I would be game to learning other variants!
  • Depends on the night... but ya..

Mark
  • I'm interested in playing in a game like you've described, if I'm available when you decide to hold it.
  • I'd be in as well.
  • I would be interested, likely not everytime due to the distance but I would try and support..
  • Interest here also but occasional
  • I'd be interested maybe once a month
  • I am interested, but where and when would decide for me.
  • I'd be very interested but likely more on the side of once per month.

Also on a day that avoids scheduling conflicts with other social obligations (i.e. work&family life)

Maybe do one of those surveys that checks what days people are available?
  • Same, interested but would depend on location, time etc.
  • @MrCaspan

I guess you should pick a date, blinds, and buy in levels, and see if anyone signs up.
  • I agree..

People saying they'll be there isn't reliable (see any poker tourney ever ever). People say they're in, and then no-show. Were you thinking weekends? A Weekday? Daytime / night?

I'd suggest not competing with the established regular games (Moose, Cave, Bristol, etc), and consider weekends are easier for most people.

Mark
  • If you’re not willing to do a survey, start with throwing a date out there?
  • I am just refinishing my basement and wanted to make sure I had room for a single table to do like a 6-9 person setup. Might be till summer before I can start this but wanted to gauge interest in a lower value game was all. I don't plan to compete with the others either and ill try to work around already set games out there! Thanks everyone for responding looks like there is enough interest to get at least 6 people every month to commit to a game.