Shit day today

Was going over to my parents place today because their hot water tank blew up and they were coming to replace it . I get there at 11:30am and they have been robbed.

they were out of the house between 10am and 11;15am. Cam home to side door smashed and all drawers gone thru and jewelry stollen and a general mess made.

I would pay anything for 10 mins alone with these scum bags. They wouldn’t be able to steal much with thumbs and a few fingers cut off with my rusty old knife.

Comments

• Damn that's bad.. happened to my parents in the country about 30 yes ago.. feel violated, I would be very surprised if your mother doesn't want to move.
  • That is terrible. So sorry to hear this has happened to your parents. Scumbags doesn't even begin to describe the lowlifes they must be to steal from the elderly.
  • Cowards for sure.
  • That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

That's a really small window of opportunity. Did they possibly see a strange vehicle parked on the road when they were leaving? I mean the person or people must have went in as soon as they left. Any sketchy neighbors or issues with neighbors recently?
  • Terrible! What area?
  • trigs wrote: »
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

That's a really small window of opportunity. Did they possibly see a strange vehicle parked on the road when they were leaving? I mean the person or people must have went in as soon as they left. Any sketchy neighbors or issues with neighbors recently?

Yeah Trigs, they remember seeing a black suv parked in front of the next door neighbors house.

No, all the neighbors have been there for 40+years and they all get along.
  • Terrible! What area?

Parents are still in the house I grew up in. It is REXDALE in north west part of Toronto.

Basicly a ghetto . It has always been dangerous and I am pretty comfortable going back because I was a bad kid growing up and most of my buddies ended up in jail or deported back to Jamaica.

When you grow up there shit happens and you get used to it and think it’s normal but it is pretty screwed up.

In grade 12 five of us got kicked out of the Catholic School board because of a shooting we were “allegedly” involved in and we were so used to dealing with the cops that nobody ratted on each other. Glad we didn’t have cell phones back then .....only bad ass Motorola pagers. Now that sounds like crazy town but back then Normal .
  • Come in now, whacking bullets with a hammer is pretty f'ed up isn't it.. tell the rest of the story.. pretty sure statue of limitations has run out. ;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Come in now, whacking bullets with a hammer is pretty f'ed up isn't it.. tell the rest of the story.. pretty sure statue of limitations has run out. ;)

It was cans of Aquanet hairspray and a lighter. Very stupid to tell the police you ran into a fence when your X~Ray shows a bullet stuck in your jaw bone. Kids will be kids .
  • Sorry to hear that Mike, terrible. Almost worse than the items stolen is their stolen sense of security. My grandparents were robbed once and my grandma was so freaked out that they ended up moving. She never felt safe in the house again. Thank goodness your folks at least weren't home at the time and wern't physically hurt.