Wsop 2019

Comments

• My trip is being delayed until the 3rd week of June now.

Will find something to play while i am down there
  • Heading down for the main event. Flying in July 4th - July 11th, staying at the Wynn this year.
  • Flying down on the 26th coming back 30th.
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Flying down on the 26th coming back 30th.

Booked?

Hoping to go jun25-jul2
  • Yeah I booked flight, flying on points. Need to be back to work for 2nd, 30th flight is redeye.
  • Flying down with my better half June 6. Might play the Aria $400 NLHE on the 8th. Starting the Seniors events with the Wynn on the 9th, although I'm disappointed with the structure and the buy-in this year. The structure has a patience factor of only 20.32 (a bit lower than last year's 20.94) while the buy-in has doubled to $1100. Probably play Day 1B of the Venetian Senior on the 11th. If I don't make day 2 at the V I'll play the Aria Senior on the 12th. Playing the WSOP Senior on the 13th. The next few days will depend on my success at the WSOP, but I'll be playing somewhere on the 14th and 15th before I head home on the 16th.
  • Woog and I are booked. Jun. 25-Jul.2

Playing the Colossus minimum.
  • Cheap food prices this year

only $ 14.75 for a small salad with chicken turkey or ham. Or 20 bucks Canadian
    only $ 11.00 for a smoothie. Or 15 bucks Canadian
    only $ 14.75 for a burrito plus $1.75 for guacamole or 23 bucks Canadian.

comp..... better bring some extra money. You need to stay energized if you are gonna win us all some money.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    Flying down with my better half June 6. Might play the Aria $400 NLHE on the 8th. Starting the Seniors events with the Wynn on the 9th, although I'm disappointed with the structure and the buy-in this year. The structure has a patience factor of only 20.32 (a bit lower than last year's 20.94) while the buy-in has doubled to $1100. Probably play Day 1B of the Venetian Senior on the 11th. If I don't make day 2 at the V I'll play the Aria Senior on the 12th. Playing the WSOP Senior on the 13th. The next few days will depend on my success at the WSOP, but I'll be playing somewhere on the 14th and 15th before I head home on the 16th.

Brian, I hope you have a safe flight and a fun and successful trip. Keep us updated if you can.
  • Brian, I hope you have a safe flight and a fun and successful trip. Keep us updated if you can.
    Find Comp and take a picture so we know hes actually down there!!
  • Sorry guys, couldn’t find comp. I think he’s been floating a lot of fake news since he got here. Rumor has it he’s heading back today. I’ll try to provide updates while i’m here. Hoping to start playing tomorrow with a warmup at Aria.
    Sorry guys, couldn’t find comp. I think he’s been floating a lot of fake news since he got here. Rumor has it he’s heading back today. I’ll try to provide updates while i’m here. Hoping to start playing tomorrow with a warmup at Aria.

Good luck and yeah for sure lots of updates for some of us that could not make it!
  • Just waiting for the cards to fly at the Wynn Senior. Currently my table is short handed - waiting for 1 more.
  • Update #1
    Level 3 100-300-300

AhKh in late position. Been bleeding chips all tournament and down to 12,000. Early raise to 800 with 1 caller so I smooth call. T high flop 1 heart. Check around. 9h on the turn and checked around again. Third heart comes on the river. I check, V bets 2100, next to act folds, I shove. V thinks for awhile. He calls and turns over Qh7h and I’m back in the game with ~25,000 (avg = ~22,100).
  • End of level 4 stack 25,700 avg 22,727
  • End of level 8 (500-1000-1000)
    Down to 17000, blinds going to 600-1200-1200 giving me an M just above 5
    289 runners, 153 left, 31 paid. 1st = 68,940, 31st = 2,446

I figured this tournament structure would be more of a turbo than anything else and I was right. The M for an average stack is just above 12 now which doesn’t leave much room to play poker.
  • you can do it! Double up only moments away.
  • Busted out early in level 9. 6h7h in BB and 17000 chips. Min raise and call in front of me so I call. 963 flop, all black. I shove and both call. First guy turns over 99 and second shows 66. My runner runner straight doesn’t come and I’m done. Finished around 138.

Taking tomorrow off and playing V Senior Tuesday. Tomorrow is better half’s last day here.

Sorry for the upside down picture. Just stand on your head to view it. ��
  • Can you enter the senior events at 50 or is it higher ?
  • It’s 50 for the seniors.
    It’s 50 for the seniors.

20 months to go...... then I will join y’all for the senior’s events.
  • 20 months to go...... then I will join y’all for the senior’s events.
    You should probably wait a couple years after that to get more experience.
  • compuease wrote: »
    You should probably wait a couple years after that to get more experience.

I am hoping you will be my Life Coach.
    Busted out early in level 9. 6h7h in BB and 17000 chips. Min raise and call in front of me so I call. 963 flop, all black. I shove and both call. First guy turns over 99 and second shows 66. My runner runner straight doesn’t come and I’m done. Finished around 138.

Taking tomorrow off and playing V Senior Tuesday. Tomorrow is better half’s last day here.

Sorry for the upside down picture. Just stand on your head to view it.
    Nice try Brian, gotta make a move there if you hit anything.
  • I am hoping you will be my Life Coach.

I think your life is quite fine, especially after surviving your high school years. lol
  • Getting ready to start the V Senior day 1B. They had 600 runners on day 1A and played down to 91. I’ll try to give updates once in awhile.
  • Played 2 levels of pretty boring poker. Stack at 25,600 (started with 25,000). There is one guy (maybe semi-pro) who is really aggressive. He raises over half the hands and bets aggressively for the most part. He has been called down several times when he has bet the river and then folded blind (at least 4 or 5 times). I played one hand against him with Ac7c in position. He raised pre-flop, 2 clubs on flop and he bet and I called. Brick on turn and river and we both checked. He mucked his cards saying he missed his draw. I think I might have picked up a big pot if my third club had come.
  • Sorry guys, but this has been absolutely miserable poker so far (first break - heading to level 4). The best hand I’ve seen is AQos and that was folded to a bet on a K high flop with 2 or 3 other guys to act behind me. My next best hand was KQos which I folded preflop to a raise and a reraise. That’s it other than the odd Ax. I haven’t seen any pocket pairs yet. Despite all the crap my stack is still at 24,900 so hopefully the cards will start coming.
  • How's your semi-pro friend doing?

And who cares at the first few levels, better to get the cards now..
    Sorry guys, but this has been absolutely miserable poker so far (first break - heading to level 4). The best hand I’ve seen is AQos and that was folded to a bet on a K high flop with 2 or 3 other guys to act behind me. My next best hand was KQos which I folded preflop to a raise and a reraise. That’s it other than the odd Ax. I haven’t seen any pocket pairs yet. Despite all the crap my stack is still at 24,900 so hopefully the cards will start coming.

You got this, you can be very patient and wait till the cards turn in your favour then pounce on all of them .

GOGIE GOGIE GOGIE.......