(K/W) The Compound - $20 NLHE - Wed, Mar 21st - 7pm

Hey everyone! It's time to kick off the 2018 Season and see if labeach2002 can defend his 2017 Player of the Year Crown!!!
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

:s::h: THE TURBO - MAR 2018 :c::d:
NLHE Tournament
Wed, Mar 21st - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$20 Buy-in - 15 Min blinds - 24 player max.
(we will accommodate more if there's interest)

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 50%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%

Each player will receive 5,000 chips for their $20 buy-in. Blinds will be 15 minutes long.

Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

The tournament will last approximately 4 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players with alternates. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Blind schedule, chip values, rules, etc, etc, will be posted at my place, or you may msg me for specifics.

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves:

1. Zithal
2. DataMn
3. Will R
4. Kwmatt
5. Labeach2002
6. Wolffhound
7. g2
8. DrTyore (T)
9. Buddy Jeff
10. Geordy
11. smitts
12. smitts+1
13. BrennerM
14. Geordys +1 (Braden)
15. ThisOrThat

Comments

• In please
  • In to defend
  • In please
  • Me and my buddy Jeff please.

Mark
  • Add Geordy pls.
  • Messaged you for further tournament info!

Most likely myself and a friend are interested!
  • Sign me up!

Al
  • Add me please.

Please consider switching to antes paid by the Big Blind only (as some tourneys are doing now). They would be especially useful/expedient in a self-dealt tournament.
  • I'd be willing to give it a try if others are game.

From my quick reading, it sound like the preferred rule is to have the BB posted before antes. (In cases where the BB is getting short)

Any other quirky rules we need to keep an eye out for?
    BrennerM wrote: »
    Add me please.

Please consider switching to antes paid by the Big Blind only (as some tourneys are doing now). They would be especially useful/expedient in a self-dealt tournament.
  • I find this rule tends to punish the short stacks unfairly. If you want to speed up the game why not have two decks.
  • T - Geordys +1
    will confirm by tomorrow morning.
  • Please sign me up, Zithal !
  • I, sadly, have to withdraw from tonight's game... unless someone wants to pick me up from my work in Cambridge at around 6:45 and us both be late :( No car available for me today.

Mark
  • Geordy + 1 confirmed (Braden)
  • Could someone please send me the address through a message? Not entirely sure where were going tonight. Thanks!!
  • Done
    smitts1134 wrote: »
    Could someone please send me the address through a message? Not entirely sure where were going tonight. Thanks!!
  • The first event of 2018 kicked off with 15 runners and when the dust cleared, it became apparent that the Compound is just as rigged as Bristol St. ever was. The host, Zithal, picked up the first win of the year, and vaulting him (likely for the first time ever) to the top of the Player of the Year race. :)

New Player smitts+1 was runner up, while DataMn hung on for 3rd, after a bit of a cooler of a hand caused WillR to get eliminated on the bubble.

Official results:

1. Zithal ($150) - 39 points
    2. smitts+1 Theo ($90) - 27 points
    3. DataMn ($60) - 22 points
    4. WillR (BUBBLE) - 19 points
    5. g2 - 17 points
    6. labeach2002 - 16 points
    7. Braden - 15 points
    8. Jeff
    9. smitts1134
    10. Ranger
    11. DrTytore
    12. Wolffhound
    13. kwmatt
    14. ThisOrThat
    15. Geordy

Thanks to everyone that came out to kick off the 2018 season!!