Brantford $330 Feb 25

Looking hard at this one. Anybody else in?

Comments

• I just registered....last month I phoned in on Saturday and it was sold out....didn't want to make the same mistake twice
  • 50%-50% chance i'll be there. won't be registering until tomorrow if i'm going though.
  • marban wrote: »
    I just registered....last month I phoned in on Saturday and it was sold out....didn't want to make the same mistake twice

what number did you get? that is, how many seats left?
  • I didnt get a number, and I didn't think to ask...
  • When I called earlier there were 48 left
    So a few have probably sold and I think my buddy and I will be going to this. See you all there
  • Well, so much for that. Just called to get my seat and it's sold out... again! Bah!
  • Yup I'm out too..... looks like online Sunday funday for me
  • Slight change of plans. I'm in now. Came out this morning to see if I could get in as an early alternate. Turns out there was a mix up yesterday and different sups were telling ppl different info on the alternate rules, so they opened a 9th table.

Should be a good payout with 90 runners + alternates.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Slight change of plans. I'm in now. Came out this morning to see if I could get in as an early alternate. Turns out there was a mix up yesterday and different sups were telling ppl different info on the alternate rules, so they opened a 9th table.

Should be a good payout with 90 runners + alternates.

glen, hope you kicked some olg ass and cashed top 3......
  • Thanks guys.

So in the end, they capped it at 100 players, 90 + 10 alternates. 11 places paid, $9300 up top.

My first table was super soft - I brought the average age down to 65. Ran pretty good first 2 hrs and chipped up to about 26k. Table broke shortly after break and got moved to a much tougher table, but fortunately that table broke pretty quickly, and I was moved to a softer table once again.

Last level before second break I had about 30k in chips when the most interesting hands of the day happened. Blinds are 400/800/50. I'm in the SB with AsJs and it folds around to me, so I make it 1800 and BB calls. Flop comes Qx9s4s and I bet 2500 and BB calls again. Turn is Td, which is a good card for me, so I make it 4500 and BB calls again. River is Tc, so once again I miss the world, but I'm confident that BB isn't that strong, so I make it 9000. He snap calls with Q6os, and I've lost over half my stack. No respect.

2 hands later it folds to me in the cutoff and I have JJ, so I make it 1800 again and button (same guy) makes it 17k, which is really weird because the BB is the tournament chip leader and calling light A LOT! Blinds fold, and it's my stack to call, so I tank for a while to think it through. Finally, I decide it feels weak like a mid pair or Ax, and I call. He shows AsJs, so it could be worse. Flop comes low with 2 spades (eep!), but it bricks the turn and river, so I get almost all my chips back.

After 2nd break, the cards dry up for me so I tread water for the next 2 hrs picking up small pots here and there, but the blinds are catching up to me.

At 3rd break I have 15bb with 24 players left. Fortunately, there are still a few bad players left, so I figure I can still be patient. Also, there's an $800 last longer on the line. With the blinds at 1200/2400, players start getting knocked off, and I'm getting all my shoves through in good spots.

At 22 players, BF, PocketTwos, myself, and one other player chop the last longer for $200 each. I'm down to 11bb with the blinds at 1500/3000 and it folds to me in the SB with AJ. I raise 2.5x and BB shoves about 8bb with QT suited. I call and hold. Next orbit, I get QQ in the BB, and UTG opens for 3x. I jam 15BB (blinds went up to 2000/4000 that orbit), he tanks and finally calls with AJ and I double up. I have just over 100k at 4th break and we're close to the bubble.

After the break, blinds are at 3000/6000 and Twos goes out on the money bubble (BF had busted earlier), so we're on the FT bubble, and I'm down to 10bb again after calling a 6BB shove from LP with 55 and running into QQ. Blinds are about to go up to 4000/8000 and I'm in the BB. It folds to the SB who 3x raises, I jam with Kd9d and he calls with AA and holds. I finish 11th for $600. GG.
  • gg Card dead.....the Brantford Tournaments seem to trend to an older crowd....not many 20 or 30 somethings, but being in my late 60,s I have something in common with the older guys, lol.....I got knocked out the hand just before the second break...a raise and a call..im in sb pick up 10.s, do I 3 bet or shove?..i had 20 bb,s.. with the blind level due to go up after the break...I shove and bb also shoves.the 2other guys fold...bb flips over aa...and it holds......I made a couple of mental errors, by being a bit timid in some spots, but over all I played pretty good...no regrets..
  • I was out 18 :)

sitting at the same table as 'Card Dead.

Lost huge pot. QQ vs AJ (A on River)
    few hands later lost JJ vs AQ

out 18
  • Yeah, that was a brutal sequence for you. Until then you were crushing it.