#MeToo movement

Milo wrote: »
Patrick Brown's career.

I lean about about as far right as possible. This guy is a friggin clown. He has had so many opportunities to jump on that snaggletooth butt ugly bitch premier. He has been like a silent fart in the wind. I have not heard him take advantage of any of her many screw ups and it pisses me off.

End rant...

he he did look guilty today.

Comments

• The timing of these allegations are impeccable for Wynne and her cronies. After the convictions in the gas plant scam last week she needed something. In politics timing is everything.

Although I am glad he's gone I do have a huge problem with this new form of McCarthyism.
  • I am not going to defend Patrick Brown, definite douche to go after women that much younger than he was. Having said that, have you read what the women said happened ? One said they were kissing in his bedroom, she asked him to stop as she had a boyfriend and to take her home, so he stopped and took her home. Then she worked for him again the next summer. Six years later she calls CTV ? Something smells hear. As someone mentioned, the timing is too perfect.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I am not going to defend Patrick Brown, definite douche to go after women that much younger than he was. Having said that, have you read what the women said happened ? One said they were kissing in his bedroom, she asked him to stop as she had a boyfriend and to take her home, so he stopped and took her home. Then she worked for him again the next summer. Six years later she calls CTV ? Something smells hear. As someone mentioned, the timing is too perfect.

DJ.... I agree with you 100%. She sounded like a moron and she went back the next year to intern for him again. Her credibility is or should be zero.
  • you can question her credibility all you want....but if its a fact, and just sum up.........29 year old teetotaler liquors up a teen and makes moves one her, pretty creepy id say....any thing criminal about this...I don't really know....from what I understand CTV News who broke this story vetted it out rather carefully and thoroughlyand whether she is a moron or not is irrelevant....some random politician[at the time], lacked self control and judgement and let his small head rule his big head and a decade later is paying the price...........just remember, again he was cold stone sober and she was drunk....a real dick move...
  • marban wrote: »
    you can question her credibility all you want....but if its a fact, and just sum up.........29 year old teetotaler liquors up a teen and makes moves one her, pretty creepy id say....any thing criminal about this...I don't really know....from what I understand CTV News who broke this story vetted it out rather carefully and thoroughlyand whether she is a moron or not is irrelevant....some random politician[at the time], lacked self control and judgement and let his small head rule his big head and a decade later is paying the price...........just remember, again he was cold stone sober and she was drunk....a real dick move...

While I respect what you said. The girl waited how many years to come forward (if it even happened) and this part is confirmed.... she went back the next year for another internship. If someone was raped why in the heck would they choose to go back the following year and work for the accused rapist again ?

the real issue is I do not believe half of these people that come forward 5 or 10 years later . The ones that cry wolf really screw things up for the woman who were seriously raped or abused.
  • coming forward years later does not invalidate their claims.....in the last 6/8 months there has been a big social/cultural change........what about those men who came out and said they were abused by their hockey coach or a parish priest..the fact they didn't come out the next day/week/ year didn't diminish their claims........I disagree with what you call the real issue, the real issue is that some people who have power over other people abuse that power..
  • I can’t argue the abuse of power issue at all.

The rest we will have to agree to disagree.
    I am not going to defend Patrick Brown, definite douche to go after women that much younger than he was. Having said that, have you read what the women said happened ? One said they were kissing in his bedroom, she asked him to stop as she had a boyfriend and to take her home, so he stopped and took her home. Then she worked for him again the next summer. Six years later she calls CTV ? Something smells hear. As someone mentioned, the timing is too perfect.

Yeah, that one doesn't sound too bad. But what about the other one? She said he led her to his bedroom, whipped out his dick and said suck it. People always forget to mention that one when trying to mitigate the allegations.

The worst part about this is that so many people in the PC party, high up people, had heard the rumours for years and still elected him leader. And the kept things quiet to try and get him elected premier. What a shit show. What were they thinking? It's gotta make you question their judgment.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Yeah, that one doesn't sound too bad. But what about the other one? She said he led her to his bedroom, whipped out his dick and said suck it. People always forget to mention that one when trying to mitigate the allegations.

The worst part about this is that so many people in the PC party, high up people, had heard the rumours for years and still elected him leader. And the kept things quiet to try and get him elected premier. What a shit show. What were they thinking? It's gotta make you question their judgment.

With that one, all she had to say was no. and again, not wait 10 years to report it. Also , this discussion should have its own thread now.
    Also , this discussion should have its own thread now.
    Agreed, done...
  • Brown appears to have been knee-capped by his own Party.
  • Well he got elected to the position by espousing socon values, and then did an about face soon afterwards.
  • Stipulated . . . also interesting that, in all the kerfuffle over choosing a new Leader, the one thing you do NOT here from the PCs is how this will negatively impact their chances of defeating Wynne. Probably because it likely HELPS them.