Another bad river

€0.20 NL
BB: 255.1 BB (VPIP: 21.21, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 10.71, Hands: 70)
CO: 99.7 BB (VPIP: 25.95, PFR: 18.92, 3Bet Preflop: 4.69, Hands: 193)
BTN: 119.8 BB (VPIP: 22.92, PFR: 16.49, 3Bet Preflop: 8.88, Hands: 592)
Hero (SB): 102 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :kd:qc

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) :5c :as:10h
Hero bets 2 BB, BB raises to 6 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Turn: (18 BB, 2 players) :jc
Hero checks, BB bets 12 BB, Hero raises to 30 BB, BB calls 18 BB

River: (78 BB, 2 players) :10c
Hero?

My thought process behind betting 1/3 pot is something like this. The boards relatively uncoordinated so it's likely that he missed. If he has an A or 10 he's not folding to a bigger sizing and I didn't want to check and let him seize the initiative and bluff me on a later street. So I figured I would range bet 1/3 pot fold out any weak equity maybe small pp and get to a turn cheaply with possibly 10 outs vs 10x and a draw to the nuts if he has a ace. Idk bigger sizing?

I don't think he would raise a weak Ax because I can have Ax myself and if I'm bluffing there isn't much value in raising. He's also much less likely to slow play his monsters vs a 2BB sizing because he will want to start building the pot. I also believed his raising range on that board was unbalanced and highly weighted towards value,especially when he's in position and has the option to float. Therefore when he raises and is polarized I think he has a nutted hand. So I figured I would peel for 4bb and if I hit my gutshot ott there would be a high probability I would stack him.

I think my turn sizing should have been bigger.

Basically I don't know if I should just be x/f that river or not.

Comments

• i'm raising to somewhere around 38bbs on turn, def checking river, prob the worst river. I think i'm folding 100% given his tiny raise on that board on the flop. Imo he has a boat often, very few flushes. The only hand i can think of that the player bluffs river with is turning A5 into a bluff.
  • My thoughts as well.
  • Turn sizing is fine/acceptable, river is a check call blind vs blind for sure, I could never see myself check folding nutted hands BvB for reasonable sizings. There's only one realisted boat he could have here with 5551010 so you're mainly losing to a flush, holding Qc is pretty nice but again I think I'm paying off with all of my QK here given how wide both our ranges are

Nice stats to have here are villain fold to cbet , and turn/river bet%

Could be a leak, but I feel forced to click the call button here for any reasonable amount