Last minute Vegas trip

Going this coming week to see 2 Golden Knights games and maybe squeeze in some poker and blackjack.

Looking forward to seeing a winning hockey team ..... my Buffalo Sabres suck again this year.

Comments

• #rungood to you and the Sabres! Cheers, Steve
  • So jealous. Don't go to any Country Music concerts.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    So jealous. Don't go to any Country Music concerts.

What a dick comment
  • folded wrote: »
    What a dick comment

Would you expect anything less from Glen ?
  • Damn..I was just starting to get an itch to go too
  • Humour = Healing

Besides, that's pretty sound advice regardless of the circumstances. ;)
  • good luck at the tables and the felt
  • I am absolutely speechless.

If if you go to Vegas and enjoy hockey even a little bit go see a game.

They are putting on an amazing show. The team is playing so far above the rim right now, but the experience is fantastic and the rink gets a rockin. Unlike the crappy toronto fans people are there to have fun and cheer and sing ...

the first game was great against the Blackhawks but the 7-0 against the Avalanche was unreal.

They have pretty hot hot cheerleaders and a really cool drum line the get the crowd pumped up.

Little john was was sitting a couple rows in front of us for the avalanche game and he was having a blast chirping guys that would end up in the penalty box.

the hockey was amazing .

will update the gamble gamble tomorrow.... but it was very positive and some good drunk blackjack.
  • So, hockey was amazing as I mentioned above.....

i know I whine like a bitch when my aces get cracked or when i loose a hand that I am 80% favourite to win, I will try to not do that as much.

we played 1 pretty long poker session. We had a really nice dinner at Michael Mina in the Bellagio and we killed 2 nice bottles of wine during dinner. We get to the poker room around 10pm and they have 2 seats for us in a 10-25 game. We both buy in for 200 big blinds and we are by far the smallest stacks on the table. I was pretty card dead for the first couple hours and topped up another 2500 when my stack got low. Then i finally get a hand 2 red aces in the big blind. There was a raise to 75 or 85 from mid position then the button made it 300. The guy on the button was a very solid player never playing a big pot out of position and really putting pressure on when he had a monster. I re-raised to 1100 which left me with about 4500 behind. Mid position guy folds and the button jams it all in . I call and he has pocket kings.... was kinda funny because he said loud enough for everyone to hear “fuckin lucky tourists”. Board ran out with 2 jacks and some low cards and I get a nice double up.

A few more hours go by and I am sitting on close to 16k. Button guy from other hand is now big blind and I am ug+2, I have 4-6 spades and I raise to 125 guy beside me makes it 350 and gets 2 other callers and the button guy from other hand so there is over 1200 in the pot and I am 225 to call....... I called.

The dream flop comes.... 2s3s5h ...... I tried to look away for a waitress or anything to not stare at the flop. We are 4 handed and I have the joint with a decent redraw to the supreme testicles.

The guy from other hand leads out for 900 I flat call it one guy folds and the last guy makes it 2400 to go. We both call . Turn is the five of spades........... what just happened........ i take of my glasses , wipe my eyes and put the glasses back on.....yup 5 of spades..... holy moly pull the goalie.....

i do the bad acting job and shake my head like I am pissed and check..... other guy bets out 5000 guy from other hand starts talking out loud . He says to me ..”I know you’re folding but I don’t know what that guy has” he thinks for about 5 mins and I call the clock. Well, let’s just say he was not a happy boy. They both had me covered by at least double if not more and this guy was really pissed. Again he says “ you are going to fold why would you call clock on me” he makes the call and now I go into the tank.... after 2 mins he calls clock on me .... I just flat call and tell him that wasn’t enough time for a big decision. The river is the ace of clubs

2s3s5h5sAc.

guy from other hand quickly shoves all in for over 30k . I tank for a bit then go all in for less and the other guy snap calls for more than me.

Guy from other hand hand says to me while flipping his hand over..... I got all your money with the same 2 red aces and he has aces full........ other guy folds face up violently with ace king of spades.

I dont want to get punched in the face but this guy was a jerk.... I say to “him you’re no good, I got it”..... he is laughing and says just muck your cards....... I say I can’t muck these babies....... and flip them over....... he called me the same things you would expect Phil Hellmuth to call someone.... idiot, stupid, moron.....

raked a monter almost 50k. Makes up for the World Series run bad.....

played another hour and donked off a few grand but left with this....
  • OMFG! You lucky bastard!

Not that there was no skill involved, as there clearly was, but to hit those 2 hands in those spots against those players is like a poker player's wet dream.

Looks like you racked about $35k. Nice session sir.

More wine please!
    OMFG! You lucky bastard!

Not that there was no skill involved, as there clearly was, but to hit those 2 hands in those spots against those players is like a poker player's wet dream.

Looks like you racked about $35k. Nice session sir.

More wine please!

Glen , I feel like the poker Gods knew they did me dirty in July..... so just leveling the playing field.

ah crap..... I think I just whined again.

blackjack pic is even prettier. Will post that one after dinner.
  • You are my hero 😀
    Fun to read.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • So we are playing the blackjack in club Privé at Bellagio and we are getting smashed. I think the only one from here that has met my buddy John is Wes westside he is very very well off and a super nice guy. We both bought in for 5k and lost that in about 10 mins. I had a bunch of chips in his box at the cage but he didn’t feel like going the 30 feet to let me in his box. He pulls out a few 25k chips and gets them broken down to 5k chips and tosses me 2 so we can keep playing . He changes 15k into yellow 1k chips and get mine all in purple 500 chips.

So so we start..... drinking and he tells the dealer to slow down so we don’t lose so fast.

He starts betting yellow and start with the purple and we are winning. First shoe I wasn’t pressing and I was up around 8k from this buyin. He was pressing and killing it and he was up over 30k on that shoe. A couple of female friends pop in for a drink and we end up taking a break for about an hour just sitting in the lounge drinking and shooting the breeze. Our friends finally leave and we get ready for the next shoe. Nothing special happens here and I was hammered at this point. From here on in this is what the pit boss told us the next day.

we had 2 shoes back to back where we lost maybe 3 or 4 hands....... won all the rest and we were both pressing. Me much less than my pal but still crushed it. This picture is a tad blurry because I was told I was not standing very still. She said you had a pretty good power wobble on your way out.

261A1FAC-E18E-458E-A58B-E20CFC9C5420.jpg

I made out very well paid him back his 10k and cashed out this. His cash out dwarfed mine by lots and lots and lots. I was very happy that I didn’t puke when I got back to the room because the bed was spinning like crazy.

All in all it was a great trip and I didn’t waste any money on hookers.
  • Bink!!

Clearly the key to the run good is not having me there ;)
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Bink!!

Clearly the key to the run good is not having me there ;)

I don’t believe that for a minute. Next year we travel again to the promised land and try to make day 2......
  • How tall are those stacks? Hard to tell from the pic.
    How tall are those stacks? Hard to tell from the pic.

10 chips high.
  • Gosh darn it Mike, you might be everyone here's hero with this one. Would give anything to watch you guys play those levels.. Just that one time at Fallsview watching you play 1K blackjack was amazing to be... My upbringing won't let me play like that. (Well it might have something to do with my wife as well..) :)
    Maybe next time I can tag along as your sober (keep em out of serious trouble) wingman.. I have experience with some of the kw boys several years back, and I didn't even drive the wrong way up Koval, honest injun..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Gosh darn it Mike, you might be everyone here's hero with this one. Would give anything to watch you guys play those levels.. Just that one time at Fallsview watching you play 1K blackjack was amazing to be... My upbringing won't let me play like that. (Well it might have something to do with my wife as well..) :)
    Maybe next time I can tag along as your sober (keep em out of serious trouble) wingman.. I have experience with some of the kw boys several years back, and I didn't even drive the wrong way up Koval, honest injun..

We should try and get a big group from here to go to Sin city....... just do a meet up for dinner and other than that everyone can do their own thing or choose to play together.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Gosh darn it Mike, you might be everyone here's hero with this one. Would give anything to watch you guys play those levels.. Just that one time at Fallsview watching you play 1K blackjack was amazing to be... My upbringing won't let me play like that. (Well it might have something to do with my wife as well..) :)

I almost forgot about that 1k hand . Your timing was perfect and the dealers timing to give me a blackjack was even more perfect. I think in just locked up the win and didn’t even play more poker after we had dinner.
    How tall are those stacks? Hard to tell from the pic.

Sweet!

That's some major rungood/payback from the other trip.
  • So, hockey was amazing as I mentioned above.....

i know I whine like a bitch when my aces get cracked or when i loose a hand that I am 80% favourite to win, I will try to not do that as much.

we played 1 pretty long poker session. We had a really nice dinner at Michael Mina in the Bellagio and we killed 2 nice bottles of wine during dinner. We get to the poker room around 10pm and they have 2 seats for us in a 10-25 game. We both buy in for 200 big blinds and we are by far the smallest stacks on the table. I was pretty card dead for the first couple hours and topped up another 2500 when my stack got low. Then i finally get a hand 2 red aces in the big blind. There was a raise to 75 or 85 from mid position then the button made it 300. The guy on the button was a very solid player never playing a big pot out of position and really putting pressure on when he had a monster. I re-raised to 1100 which left me with about 4500 behind. Mid position guy folds and the button jams it all in . I call and he has pocket kings.... was kinda funny because he said loud enough for everyone to hear “fuckin lucky tourists”. Board ran out with 2 jacks and some low cards and I get a nice double up.

A few more hours go by and I am sitting on close to 16k. Button guy from other hand is now big blind and I am ug+2, I have 4-6 spades and I raise to 125 guy beside me makes it 350 and gets 2 other callers and the button guy from other hand so there is over 1200 in the pot and I am 225 to call....... I called.

The dream flop comes.... 2s3s5h ...... I tried to look away for a waitress or anything to not stare at the flop. We are 4 handed and I have the joint with a decent redraw to the supreme testicles.

The guy from other hand leads out for 900 I flat call it one guy folds and the last guy makes it 2400 to go. We both call . Turn is the five of spades........... what just happened........ i take of my glasses , wipe my eyes and put the glasses back on.....yup 5 of spades..... holy moly pull the goalie.....

i do the bad acting job and shake my head like I am pissed and check..... other guy bets out 5000 guy from other hand starts talking out loud . He says to me ..”I know you’re folding but I don’t know what that guy has” he thinks for about 5 mins and I call the clock. Well, let’s just say he was not a happy boy. They both had me covered by at least double if not more and this guy was really pissed. Again he says “ you are going to fold why would you call clock on me” he makes the call and now I go into the tank.... after 2 mins he calls clock on me .... I just flat call and tell him that wasn’t enough time for a big decision. The river is the ace of clubs

2s3s5h5sAc.

guy from other hand quickly shoves all in for over 30k . I tank for a bit then go all in for less and the other guy snap calls for more than me.

Guy from other hand hand says to me while flipping his hand over..... I got all your money with the same 2 red aces and he has aces full........ other guy folds face up violently with ace king of spades.

I dont want to get punched in the face but this guy was a jerk.... I say to “him you’re no good, I got it”..... he is laughing and says just muck your cards....... I say I can’t muck these babies....... and flip them over....... he called me the same things you would expect Phil Hellmuth to call someone.... idiot, stupid, moron.....

raked a monter almost 50k. Makes up for the World Series run bad.....

played another hour and donked off a few grand but left with this....

My heart was pounding just from reading the TR. Nice!