Support at make a living at home country

Hello, dear pokernauts!

I come to you with the hope that you can offer some support in a great endevour I have in front of me.

So lets go straight at it.
I live in a country where poker online as to much strict laws not allowing me to play in the sites that offer better deals and with a good enough player pool. So for what I know I have two options: leave my country or use a vpn. I searched a lot about the use of vpn for poker online and i didnt found something that really assured that it was safe so i started to look for countries where i could move to. The thing is that i have 2 little children and of course i dont want to leave them even if it is "only" for 2 years, that is the maximum i think i would stay abroad.

Given this, I want to give it a try again to the use of vpn or something else that works to be able to stay in my country close to my children.

So, can you give me some kind of support about this. Telling me trough here or personal message what you know through experience that works or doesnt work?

If you know something or someone that can give some support on this, please let me know. I can even offer you some percentage of my winnings for a while as a sign of gratitude.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Comments

• Well I'll take a shot even though I think there is something else going on here.
    1st, what is the punishment if you get caught? If it's beheading or similar you may want to move..

Try this at your own risk.. https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403388,00.asp
  • if you get caught i'd assume the smallest punishment would be a closure of your account, banishment from the poker site, and forfeiture of all your money in your account. if you are playing at large enough stakes that you are willing to relocate to another country to play, i'd suggest you seriously consider the implications of getting caught using a VPN.
  • Thanks for the replies.
    It realy feels one has to try at theirs one risk since or no one is doing it, no one doing it sees the thread or no one is even willing to share that info. Whats the problem to share it? Of course the username i am using and email is not and will not be connected to any poker account i might open. If at least one of those that might having sucess doing this do the same just to answer it will work with no worries. You can just send me a mp too.

"Well I'll take a shot even though I think there is something else going on here."

The only thing going on here is that i am looking for support in order to dont have to leave my 2 children fo such a long period of time. But hey, you think and do as you like.

Thanks anyway
  • Both your options sound terrible... are there live games near you?
  • What country are you in?

NVM, it's Leiria, Portugal right? As I understand it several poker sites are legal there, including Stars, so what's the issue really then? As trigs says getting caught using a VPN, and lot's in the US did, would likely result in your account being frozen.
  • Both your options sound terrible... are there live games near you?

Probably, but i am loking to play with volume and with a nice rakeback, thats totally the opposite.
    NVM, it's Leiria, Portugal right? As I understand it several poker sites are legal there, including Stars, so what's the issue really then? As trigs says getting caught using a VPN, and lot's in the US did, would likely result in your account being frozen.

I want to make a living not to earn some bucks, for that i need to play with a nice volume, fastfold tables, and with a nice rakeback. In pokerstars in Portugal there is not even nl50 zoom tables and the rakeback as you might know is even worse than before.