Best credit cards in Canada?

What have you guys found to be the best credit cards re cash back, travel points, gifts, no annual fee, etc? Don't care about interest rates as there will not be any balance from month to month.

Comments

• Best credit card with cash back or points will not be annual fee free. It depends what you want to get out of it
  • Scotia amex gold. First year free. Then cancel you cheap bastard.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • Scotia momentum infinite visa is the best. Has annual fee though after first year.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,86,00.html

2nd best was tangerine m/c (free) but recently have rolled back some of the benefits.
  • Yeah, if you want you can just bonus whore ccs too. Sign up for the ones with FYF, and then cancel after first year, and rinse and repeat. Lots of them have welcome bonuses too
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Scotia amex gold. First year free. Then cancel you cheap bastard.

lol, problem with Amex is most places don't take it.. I'm not cheap, just frugal...
  • Tomato tomato...

• I've heard PC has a really good rewards program on their cards, but you may have to open up a PC chequing acct to qualify for it.
  • You don't need a pc account to have the mc the points are good if you shop at a pc grocery store all the time.

I use the canadian tire mc now and like it
  • I dont know if this still exists,

But the "capital one aspire world travel" had a $400 sign up bonus when I signed up and free first year. Has been my favourite card since.

Gets 2% on all purchases, with excellent (no hassle) redemption options. Yearly fee is 120 however they give that back to me in points. All told its been good for a free vacation every year. Plus free travel insurance etc that you would expect.

This was years back so there may be better options now, but if the free 400 bucks is still out there its pretty awesome!
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    I dont know if this still exists,

But the "capital one aspire world travel" had a $400 sign up bonus when I signed up and free first year. Has been my favourite card since.

Gets 2% on all purchases, with excellent (no hassle) redemption options. Yearly fee is 120 however they give that back to me in points. All told its been good for a free vacation every year. Plus free travel insurance etc that you would expect.

This was years back so there may be better options now, but if the free 400 bucks is still out there its pretty awesome!
    Bonuses aren't as good now.

Have your spouse get the amex one I mentioned above. 4% on gas groceries restaurants and entertainment. Get a spousal card for you. Then have your C1 card at 2% for everything else with a spousal card for her. Between amex and mc you are covered. Throw in a 1% cibc dividend visa if you really feel you need it. Those are free 😀

If you charge a fortune on your cards every year you can profit $1-2k every year plus have great travel and purchase insurance. We never use debit cash or e transfer as almost everywhere takes credit.