WSOP shoes and roll....

Will be updating again this year on the twitter machine....@michaelgigl416

Hope I come in second and Westside8 comes in first.

20170707_140647_resized.jpg

Comments

• Hope to be there to rail your FT. I've never seen them put someone's shoes on tv though.
  • Moose, are you coming down to watch some summer league NBA games ?
  • You're too kind in conceeding first to me already ;)

I will be updating as well, @westside8poker
  • I see no hat?

Good luck. Bring some of that money home!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I see no hat?

Good luck. Bring some of that money home!

This is the hat, hopefully the lucky hat. The lady that made this is amazing. The first time I walked into her shop I could feel the positive energy everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/lilliputhats/photos/a.320174494667192.84534.164155593602417/1576643712353591/?type=3&theater

I will be donating 10% of what I win (after taxes) to one of these charities.

https://donate.sunnybrook.ca/braincancerresearch

or

https://www.courageforgord.org/pages/cancer

Win loose or draw it's going to be a great time with my friends playing some pokerz.
  • Don't know where to start... get to airport 2.5hours before flight leaves. New security procedures are horrible and I believe it now takes longer to pass thru security. After they scan my bag they ask me to go over to the side and open my carry on. There is a new law where you have to find some office in the basement of the airport where the Canada customs office is, you then have to make a declaration of over $10,000 cash. You then have to go and do the same with US customs. I have always done it with US customs with no issue.

So, now they put all my stuff on a cart and have me stand in the naughty area but still where everyone can see me. Now 2 peel regional police officers come marching at me quickly and from some secret door 2 Canada customs ninjas come towards me. I am surrounded by 4 law enforcement people and all the ding dongs going thru security are staring me.

I get get grilled by the peel cops , who were super nice. Then they hand me over to the canada customs guys. I hate to say it this way but it has to be said..... one guy is white super nice his partner was from the Middle East name was al-farood or something like that. White guy is all calm and taking down my info while the idiot keeps asking my questions and getting aggressive.

sorry.......dinner time..... be back later .
  • Ok.... back to it.

Aggressive guy keeps implying that the money is "dirty" but never once came out and asked about its origin. White customs guy tells his partner to speak a little quieter because we are still in the public security area. I ask the nice guy what the issue is and he tells me that they need to verify the origin of the money. I say..... why didn't you just ask... I brought the US bank book and withdrawal sheet , so, I give it to him and the other idiot gets right in my face and says loudly why didn't you show us that before. I said I am really sorry sir but you never asked about that.

so after an hour I am thru Canada customs and now I am waiting in the us customs secondary screening area. It was crazy busy but they got me out just in time to meet up with westside Mr . Wes. Flight was horrible, we had the angriest flight attendants of all time. My buddy that is sitting with me gets cut off from alcohol at 11am after only having maybe 3 or 4 drinks. Total baloney.

played satellite today (Sunday) and didn't bink a seat but bought the buy in for day 1c Monday...

Wes is amazing and fits in well with our group.
  • Sounds like a good start. 😐

Good luck. Have fun.

• Wasn't in the Gucci seats on the plane like TP was, but I'll have to echo his comments that it was definitely the worse flight crew I've experienced in all my flights that I've taken.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good start. 😐

Good luck. Have fun.

Ready for day 1 ... Hope for a decent table draw with few Zgermans
  • Did u win yet?

• Both of us busted last level of day 1.
  • Worst all around trip to Vegas ever. Started on the flight with 2 miserable flight attendants (Wes can confirm) .

Poker was unreal. Main event I went from 60k to 10k in the last level of day 1. I got it in at least 75% - 25% on 3 big hands and the busto hand I was 91% to win on the flop where all the money got in.

I have pocket aces aces against ace 8
    flop was 3j8rainbow guy bets,I raise 4x, he re-raises and I shove.....

turn comes 5 river 8.

I then got smashed for 15 k in an amazing cash game where I lost a huge hand with pocket queens against pocket 88 . Guy had about 70k on the table. We raise each other to a 5 bet, I call to see the flop.

Q83

we bet and re-raise and get it all in on the flop and right away the turn brings quads.

I then busted the planet hollywood 1650 $ tourney with Aces against pocket .88 again. The quad 8888 come again.

at this point I loose everything else I brought at blackjack.

Supposed to fly home red eye Sunday night but I just changed my flight to come home a day earlier.

What a beating .
  • Ouch. Burn the shoes.

• Ouch indeed. The variance in poker can be so cruel and brutal. Take a week or 2 off and come back to the game fresh.

It probably stings like hell right now, but in time, just know you can only control your decision and not the outcomes, and if you feel good in your decisions you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • All I can say is how amazed I am you can even talk after beats like that Mike... I can't even imagine the sting, can't imagine I would ever go back to poker after that. Odds of all those things happening on the same trip sound astronomical.

Q? what sort of blinds was that cash game to have that much on the table, 50/100?
  • compuease wrote: »
    All I can say is how amazed I am you can even talk after beats like that Mike... I can't even imagine the sting, can't imagine I would ever go back to poker after that. Odds of all those things happening on the same trip sound astronomical.

Q? what sort of blinds was that cash game to have that much on the table, 50/100?

We had a great game going with 10-20-40 blinds but many times during the game we got it to 10-20-40-80-160-320 straddle. Everyone but one player was willing to do the 80 straddle every round. The game was so much fun. We a Spanish guy show a couple of bluffs and one of them put a guy on super monkey tilt. The guy got up from the table and had the brush pick up his chips 5 mins later. Checked out of the game. We were all having a blast, I just got super unlucky on one big hand, then tried to make a big bluff on a 3 spade board with the ace of spades and middle pair. Went all in for 3750 into approx 2900 pot. Guy called it down with bottom 2 pair.

the buy in was not capped and everyone kept topping up.
  • My WSOP main trip report.

Hand 1
    Level 1, Blinds 75/150, maybe 1 hour in
    MP open 450, 2 callers to me on button. I 3b to 1700 with AK. MP (original raiser) and 1 caller calls. Flop A78. Ck, ck I bet 3200, original raiser call, fold. Turn K, check, i bet 5500, call. River 2, check, I bet 8000, check raise to 20000. I fold
    Villain in the hand is a male in his mid-40s if I had to guess. He hasn't been involved in too many hands so far, table has been relatively tight, and no pots beyond 10K has been played until this hand. Picking up live tells isn't my strongest area, but throughout the hand he looked comfortable when putting chips in the pot.
    I think an argument can be made that with me getting close to 4.5 to 1 that a call should be made, while I'm most likely behind here but still can win maybe 33% to 50% of the time.

Down to 35K~ or so after that hand

Not much happened until level 3. Table is now more active, a couple of players definitely stands out as more active/aggressive players. No real "weird" plays/bet sizing/hands were being shown, and generally the aggressor in the hand shows the winning hand (small sample size but no one seem to be bluffing much)

Hand 2
    Level 3, Blinds 150/300, Ante 25. Stack around 42K
    I open AJss in the HJ to 800, button and SB calls
    Flop KJ3, 1 spade. SB leads for 1400, I call, button fold
    Turn 5s. SB leads for 2500, I call.
    River 9c. SB now checks, I thought about betting, but I'm not sure if I'm getting any worse hands to call, so I check behind and lose to KT

The one mistake I made here was probably not raising turn in position which would put me in a good spot to bet river as well and put him to a tough decision

Hand 3
    Level 3, Blinds 150/300, Ante 25. Stack around 40K.
    I open JJ from UTG+2 to 800, one caller on CO or button, BB 3 bets to 2600, 1 call, button calls.
    Flop T 8 5 rainbow, BB bet 3000, I call, button flops
    Turn 2, BB bet 7200, I call.
    River 5, BB bet 12000, I call and lose to TT

Not sure if I can fold river here, I don't see too many 3 barrel bluff in villain's range, and I doubt he fire 3 times with AT?

Hand 4
    Level 4, Blinds 200/400, Ante 50. Stack around 18K
    Villain open to 1000 from CO, I 3 bet to 3300 from button with AQo, villain calls.
    Flop AT3ss, check, I bet 4200, villain calls
    Turn 4, check, I go all in, villain calls and I hold vs. AJ

Hand 5
    Level 4, Blinds 200/400, Ante 50. Stack around 37K
    Villain opens from UTG+2 (I think, could've been UTG+1) to 1100, MP calls, I call 99 from SB.
    Flop AJ9hh, I check, villain bet 2500, MP calls, I check raise to 9500, villain calls, MP folds
    Turn 2h, I jam, villain tank folds

Hand 6
    Level 5, Blinds 250/500, ante 75, stack around 45K
    I open QQ UTG+2 to 1300, villain 3 bet to 3500 from LP with about 10K back, folds around I jam, he calls with AK and flops an A

Hand 7
    Level 5, Blinds 250/500, ante 75, stack around 28K
    I open KJhh from either HJ or LJ to 1000, button calls, SB calls, BB calls.
    Flop KJ8 rainbow with 1 diamond, blinds check, I bet 3500, button folds, SB calls, BB folds.
    Turn 6d, sb check, I bet 9000, SB check raises enough to put me in, I call.
    He has T9dd, river 2d and I am done.