The Compound Poker Classic - June 14, 2017

Look at this... TWO IN ROW!!! It really happened!

The re-launch of "Bristol Street Poker at the Compound" was a great kick-off and it was great to see everyone again!

This month, we're going to lower the stakes, but add some re-buys to the pot in an effort to attract some of our newer players.

I'm also starting to play around with some tournament names, so let me know what you think, or if you have even better ideas.

Message me if you need the address of the new place!

Cheers!!
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

:s::h: THE COMPOUND POKER CLASSIC - JUNE 2017 :c::d:
NLHE Re-Buy Tournament
Wed, June 14th - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$10 Buy-in, Unlimited Re-buy - 24 player max.

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 45%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
(Note: Top 3 payout with less than 16 players, Top 2 with a single table, Top 5 with more than 24)

Each player will receive 2,000 chips for their $10 buy-in. If you bust out in the first 4 levels (1 hour 20 min), you can pay $10 to get 2,000 more chips and continue playing. At the break, there will be an optional $5 add-on for 4,000 chips. (Note that the first level, after the break, is 100-200 (25 ante))

Late players: If you know you're going to be late, please phone and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive. Players that are late that haven't let me know will give up their seat to the next player on the waiting list. If there's no one left on the waiting list, late players may buy into the tournament during the first level (20 minutes), but must immediately post the big and small blind if the blinds have passed them.

Waiting List players: Players on the waiting list will fill no shows at the start of the tournament to a maximum of 24. The remaining players on the waiting list are alternates. During the first four levels, when a player busts out, you have the option of joining the tournament at that point with a starting chip stack.

The tournament will last approximately 5-6 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players with alternates. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Blind schedule, chip values, rules, etc, etc, will be posted at my place, or you may msg me for specifics.

As always, tournaments at Bristol Street are rake-free!!

Reserves:

1. Zithal
2. EdTheTed
3. 8Ball
4. 8Ball+1
5. labeach2002
6. DrTyore
7. Oragami
8. DataMn
9. Komar
10. Ranger
11. g2
12. EdTheTed+1
13. Waltsfriend
14. TwoSeven
15. Slippery Pete

Comments

• 8ball and 8ball +1 please
  • In!

Mark
  • In please!
  • In please!

Ranger
  • In please
  • List has been updated and we're currently sitting at 11 players. Plenty of room for others if you'd like a spot!
  • EdTheTed +1 please.
  • Sign me up please. You will need to send me your address.
  • Hey all! We're currently sitting at 15 players, and may need to break out the third table in the first time since forever. :)

Note that, during the game, we'll have on screen, the Final 14 players in the WSOP $1.5k Millionaire Maker tournament.
  • With a few surprise entrants, 17 players took part in our second event of the year, a $10 unlimited re-buy tournament.

As the players dwindled down, a three way all-in with 4 players left, saw two players eliminated, and labeach2002 went heads up with 8Ball for the title.

With very similar stacks, the players agreed to an ICM chop, and the final two players played for $40 and the title. After just a few hands, labeach2002 repeated as Champion, vaulting him firmly into the Player of the Year race. 8Ball bettered his third place finish with a second tonight, and is on Labeach's heels.

1: Labeach2002 - $240 (41 points)
    2: 8Ball- $190 (29 points)
    3: DataMn- $90 (24 points)
    4: EdTheTed+1 - $50 (21 points)
    5: DrTyore - BUBBLE-BOY (18 points)
    6: Peteski (17 points)
    7: g2 (16 points)
    8: Slippery (15 points)
    9: 8Ball+1
    10: EdTheTed
    11: Oragami
    12: Waltsfriend
    13: Kanga
    14: Ranger
    15: Zithal
    16: Beanie42
    17: Komar

Congrats to labeach2002 for winning back to back tournaments and to everyone else for making this a really fun night!

Keep your calendar clear on Saturday, July 8th, as we present our third event of the year.

On July 8th, the 2017 WSOP kicks off with Day 1A, and so we'll be playing the Compound's WSOP Warm-up. A $60 tournament with WSOP Main Event starting stacks and blind levels (though, not quite as long!).

Look for the announcement next week, and we hope to see you out!
  • When is the next one?
  • Nevermind. I finally decided to wash the crap out of my eyes and read thru the post like I should have in the first place.
  • Any idea of start time ? Just planning ahead.