Manies Q

2»

Comments

• clinic is still growing, so thinking of 1 more year and evaluating what to do
  • 2 million in the bank do you sell?
    3 million?
  • Do you have to sell? Keep ownership and pay someone salary to run it for you while you sit back and collect the cash.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  • 1m sell
    2m hookers
    3m hookers and blow
  • Depends how old you are and if you have kids ...... and how long you expect to live or plan to live.

I sold at 40 but not married , no kids and mortgage free in my forever home.
  • Depends how old you are and if you have kids ...... and how long you expect to live or plan to live.

I sold at 40 but not married , no kids and mortgage free in my forever home.

Yeh but what are your degen costs? Factor that in? Sounds similar to what my wife and kids (now grandkids) costs...:-
  • Good point. I always thought of it as I would need more if I was married with kids but I wouldn’t have all the spare time to degen . I guess it is pretty close .
  • Degen > kids

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  • No kids. Will likely work until 50...am 46.
  • Unless you are more of a degen than I am you will be good with 2.4. That gives you 70 k each year till you are 85 with no risky investments, just boring GIC’s.

The only thing hang I can say is when all your friends are still working it can get fairly boring when you are off every day. Maybe find a happy medium where you do 2 days one week and 3 days the next week just to get out of the house and preserve your sanity.
  • Too late for that . . .
  • If you like the rush of building and growing a business, and you seem to have done quite well on your first venture, have you considered making that your focus? Buying stagnant clinics and growing them to a point of maturity (either by time or $, then selling for a profit and starting over with a new venture?

Would give you some flexibility and still allow you the fun of growing an upstart. Plus, as you go through it each time around you'd be able to streamline the process. You could take time off between clinics and move around as you saw fit. Would be tough if you wanted to stay put long term tho as you'll probably have non-compete clauses in the buy-out. But then maybe you don't sell in that spot.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    If you like the rush of building and growing a business, and you seem to have done quite well on your first venture, have you considered making that your focus? Buying stagnant clinics and growing them to a point of maturity (either by time or $, then selling for a profit and starting over with a new venture?

Would give you some flexibility and still allow you the fun of growing an upstart. Plus, as you go through it each time around you'd be able to streamline the process. You could take time off between clinics and move around as you saw fit. Would be tough if you wanted to stay put long term tho as you'll probably have non-compete clauses in the buy-out. But then maybe you don't sell in that spot.

Non-compete is usually 2-3 years and I likely will have to stay working at the clinic 1-2 years after sale on salary. I will likely buy a smaller clinic (if I sell this one) one day, but I will not do something this big again as it is too much work without enough balance for life outside of work. ...thinking Hawaii next?

...or just poker for a year or so