RE: Playing Stats (probably a weird question but here goes...)

I'm just looking for some kind of benchmark on raise / fold / frequency percentages based on playing style (loose/tight etc). I'm looking at my own stats, and the stats of other players, but would like a better idea of where we all stand based on some average...or something. Does such a thing exist? A chart type of thing? Anything??

Comments

• Do you mean raising preflop then folding flop specifically? Or folding on any street after raising preflop?

There's probably no chart for this but very generally speaking when you've raised preflop you want to cbet the flop most of the time, like 60%-80% if the time if not more. Therefore, raising preflop and folding on flop should not be happening very often.
  • Hey - yes that's the sort of guideline I'm after. But beyond that, I'm wondering if there is some sort of dynamic chart that uses actual aggregated data. Probably doesnt exist, yet...?
  • There may be specific numbers that will quantify when a players stats deem them to be loose/ tight etc but it's going to be really hard know what exactly the numbers mean at certain points in any given game.

First off, your going to want to have a reasonable sample of hands on someone before making any conclusions. I may be wrong, but I think the consensus is 100+ hands before you can consider anything reasonably accurate or close to it.

Also, another problem that arises is that, depending on the number of hands you have on sometime, was all that from 1 MTT or session, or maybe spread out over several? Play styles can change drastically depending on stack sizes, the point in the MTT (early and deep, late and shallower) etc.

The easiest thing to do, and maybe what I've done is just take as many notes as you can on players tendencies, (opened x hand from x position, or bet this amount on these board textures) and follow their numbers and see how it compares to other players and after playing enough you should be able to make your own rough conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • If playing online, Pokertracker will tell you how often your opponent folds to a c-bet. With these stats, you can decide whether to c-bet or not. For me, its more player dependent and how many players called pre-flop as to whether I c-bet or not.
  • ^ another +1 for pokertracker

I think what you are after is the built in "leaktracker" option, it basically takes your frequencies and compares against (at least some type of) proven strategy
  • What you're describing with leaktracker sounds like what im after. Cheers!
  • What you're describing with leaktracker sounds like what im after. Cheers!

i could be wrong, but i think leak tracker just works for very general ideas of where someone's stats should generally be. for example, in OP's case if you are looking at your cbet% and comparing that to your preflop raise % + fold on flop frequency, i don't think it considers your VP. meaning it suggests the same cbet% in general despite your VP being 10% or 60%.

again, i could be wrong but i don't think so. still a great tool to use but i'd be wary of the exact suggestions it gives.