WPT Playground & the Playground Winter Festival: Jan. 29 - Feb. 15, 2017

As I posted on Facebook, the WPT Playground 2017 schedule is now available. This will be the first of many huge festivals coming to Canada in 2017. :wav: I will be playing the two Survivor events, fourth consecutive Seniors Event at PG, and grind the satellites to the $1 million guaranteed Main Event.

The same three amigos - who have always profited from the tournaments or cash games - will again be staying at the four-bedroom "Poker House" as early as February ~2 until around Valentine's Day. We have room for one more - a driver so that we will have two cars between February 5-11.

Roll Call:
1) PocketsTwos
2) Loose Goose
3) Bingo Buddy
4) -ANTE RIVER- (Feb. 9-12)
5)

Comments

• Booked Airbnb Feb 8-12.
    Full 2 bedrooms, for 4 nights. 15 mins to PG.
    Going early Wednesday 8th (Interested in the bounty event)

If anyone interested in going PM me. Split gas and apt. I'm driving from
    Hillsburgh. (North on trafalgar and 401)

Ken

Schedule Update:
    Wed 8th - 11am - $1100 Bounty
    Thur 9th - 8pm - $390 WPT Satellite
    Fri 10th - 8pm - $390 WPT Satellite?
    Sat 11th - 11am - WPT 1B? or 8pm $330 Bounty
    Sun 12th - 12pm - WPT 2?

Grinding cash in between - can't wait!
    GL other forumers!
  • Ante River has bagged 80k in Day 1b and is heading to Day 2 of the WPT Main Event in Montreal!! Good luck today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • GLGL!

• Good Luck.
    Anyone else with good results in tourneys or cash games.
  • Unfortunately AnteRiver took some beats part way in to Day 2. Among them these all-ins PF.... KK<A5o, QQ<A5o and AK<77. Poker gods aside...a good run in one of Canada's premier poker events!
  • Ugh! that's so gross.
  • Was a disappointing finish, but overall a great experience.

1) Met my only poker goal for 2017 - bag chips at playground (need to update to bag chips on successive days, lol)
    2) Amazing to watch pros and semi-pros to read and learn the lines they are taking live, in 60 minute levels with no "TV edits"
    3) Great to get into the poker mind set for a 10 - 12 hr session, to stay patient, avoiding mistakes and make moves when all the signals are there
    4) Even though I lost a few key flips on day 2, I look at this as my misfortune, but know that had things went the other way, I can go deeper, much deeper in these events with the right mind set
    5) Maybe the most important, I was comfortable, even after buying directly in, to not play 'scared' - once I have chips, the buy-in could have been $100 - the price didn't matter - if you don't have that mindset, you can't succeed.

Cheers and GL to all those playing in Niagara!
    Ken
  • Great recap and insight!

• Nice reflection on the experience. You're a bigger man than I. If I took those beats in that stage of that tourney, I'd still be throwing a tantrum on the floor at PG.
  • Thanks for the recap Ken. Let's hope the flips go your way next time. Some of the points you mentioned were great.
  • Unfortunately AnteRiver took some beats part way in to Day 2. Among them these all-ins PF.... KK<A5o, QQ<A5o and AK<77. Poker gods aside...a good run in one of Canada's premier poker events!

I played in the tournament on saturday as well. I had a 60k stack by the time the blinds hit 400/800 and a new player sat at my table with almost exactly as much as me.

A few hands later, I'm on the big blind and he 4x raises the button. Small blind folds, I call to defend with 55.

Flop comes A35 rainbow. I bet about 1/3 of the pot, he raises to 4500 I call.

Turn comes another ace. And here's where it all went bad...

I bet, he shoves, I snap him and he shows ace 3.

I should have realized he wasn't shoving trips there