Remembrance Day . . .

It comes down to a simple question of good manners . . .

From our earliest days we have been taught that, when someone gives you something, or does something for you, the proper response is to offer your thanks in return.
Tomorrow is Remembrance Day. It is a day where we are asked to remember the sacrifices and service of our men and women in uniform. The visible manifestations of that are two-fold. The first and most obvious is, of course the poppy, while the second is the two minutes of silence at the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month.

I hope that you have donated to the Legion's poppy campaign this year. I hope you have worn your poppy proudly, so that the Veterans in our midst can see this token of thanks. And I hope you will join me in observing the two minutes of silence at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Lest we forget.

Comments

• This year I attended the Remembrance Day ceremony at Place du Canada in Montreal. I thanked and shook the hand of every service person I met. I also paid my respects to one of Canada's greatest generals, Sir Arthur William Currie

548388479484f89c855a0a8531556c35.jpgaf2c1e231c9e2db8d49bb4ccf5038395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Westside8 had suggested a moment of silence to Playground for 11 am, but we were all disappointed that there was none during the "Shuffle up and deal" ceremonies. :( Hopefully next year.
    This year I attended the Remembrance Day ceremony at Place du Canada in Montreal. I thanked and shook the hand of every service person I met.