Computer Help Needed to Get Rid of a Ghost

Something has invaded my computer and taken over the mouse. It is stuck in the down position. For example try sliding the volume up, the computer automatically zeros it out. Try to enlarge a screen, it goes wacky.

Now even if I have the volume full and take the battery out, the volume still goes to zero so I no it isn't a hardware issue. If you miss spell a word and try to right click everything flashes.

Can anything be done without re installing windows?

Signed,
Not Computer Savvy,

Prophet22

Comments

• I assume this is a wireless mouse? Unplug the wireless receiver.. Try a wired mouse?
  • compuease wrote: »
    I assume this is a wireless mouse? Unplug the wireless receiver.. Try a wired mouse?

Yes it is wireless. I guess you have to see it to understand it. I can get the volume full and on its own it goes to zero. If you are watching tsn highlites and try to enlarge the screen t goes wacky flashing. Like i said, its not the mouse itself, it is functions of the mouse
  • So you unplugged the wireless receiver and tried a wired mouse? For sure?
  • i unplugged everything. powered down , then plugged in no change dont have a wire mouse
  • i unplugged everything. powered down , then plugged in no change dont have a wire mouse

You don't get the point, if the receiver itself is bad then that won't help. Borrow a wired mouse to see? A cheap one is like $10. This is a desktop right?
  • keyboard stuck?
  • moose wrote: »
    keyboard stuck?

I thought of that but it was that that I could tell. Now no input devices work wireless or otherwise. I have to take it in to get fixed.

Thanks Everyone
  • think we are missing part of the story.....
    think we are missing part of the story.....

nope, computer does what it wants when it wants
  • nope, computer does what it wants when it wants

Hope you don't get ripped off.... Not sure why you don't want the free help... :(
    Hope you don't get ripped off.... Not sure why you don't want the free help... :(

It had to be a virus attack the input. I raise the volume, it would automatically go to zero, enlarge a screen flicker about ten times and go back to the orignial size. I tried corded input devices and nothin. I took it back to the gentlemen whom I bought from, and installed a fresh windows and we are flying again. none of my files affected because he had windows on a seperate stata drive or soemthing. I own my own software so a quick install and I am good to go.

50.00. it sounded reasonable.

Thanks Guys