FLA Meetup Feb 23-26 2017

K9dr hosting

Plan for it

Comments

• mêlée (1) generally refers to a disorganized battle fought at abnormally close range with little central control once it starts (2) a confused tumultuous mingling at close quarters

Back for an encore presentation - the bigger (probably), better (maybe), longer (definitely) Suicide Queen Melee II - February 22-26, 2017. Cash games, tourneys, BBQ, beer, grape soda, and coconuts - come to Florida and join the melee.

My beach house is on a quiet street in Anna Maria on the Florida gulf coast south of Tampa and north of Sarasota. If you are flying in from out of town, TPA is ~ 50 miles away and SRQ is ~ 20 miles away. There are many small inns, B&B's and rental houses on Anna Maria Island. The zip code to search for hotels is 34216. VRBO or AIRBNB is a good source to search too. My house can sleep up to 8 people - rooms will be reserved for out of town guests. Priority for sleeping space in the house will be given to those who attended the Melee last year, except for Ronoh, who gets the porch.

If there is enough interest, it would be a good idea to try renting the house next door or across the street from my house. It should be cost effective if spilt between several people. Let me know and I will try to coordinate the rental.

The venue - my house two blocks from the beach on Anna Maria Island. Parking is very tight - I can fit 3 or 4 cars in the driveway and 5 or 6 in the yard. Street parking is not allowed. Additional parking will be nearby if needed.

[​IMG]

Trophies:

[​IMG]

Attendees - I will be capping attendance at 27 so reserve your spot early
    1. @k9dr
    2. @pltrgyst
    3. @bentax1978
    4. @Ronoh
    5. @inca911
    6. @Anthony Martino
    7. @Parrothedd
    8. @David O - tentative
    9. @Chicken Rob
    10. @moose +
    11. horde
    12. of
    13. Canadians
    14. @Poker Zombie
    15. @Mrs Poker Zombie
    16. @detroitdad
    17. @ChaosRock
    18. @Jeff
    20. @BGinGA
    21. @ThePunk
    22. @CraigT78 - tentative - will confirm in October
    23. @bivey

WEDNESDAY NIGHT WARMUP - $100 No Rake tourney at One Eyed Jack's Poker Room at Sarasota Kennel Club or we can just play cash games if you prefer.

One Eyed Jacks Poker Room

[​IMG]

THURSDAY NIGHT CASH GAMES - house opens at 3:00 PM till .........

Table 1 - .25/.50 NL/PL mixed games - NLH, PLO, O8, BIG O, SOHE, imPLOcean, Drawmaha, Pineapple, or whateva
    Table 2 - One ring circus
    Table 3 - .25/.50 NLH
    Buyin $60 - $200 or half the big stack
    Chips - Mapes/New China Club or maybe a guest set - Ronoh's CPC Pillage and Plunder
    Dinner - Lasagna with garlic bread and salad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FRIDAY CASH GAMES - house opens at 11:00 AM till ..........

Table 1 - .25/.50 NL/PL mixed games - NLH, PLO, O8, BIG O, SOHE, imPLOcean, Drawmaha, Pineapple, or whateva
    Table 3 - .25/.50 NLH
    Buy-in $60 - $200 or half the big stack
    Chips - Suicide Queen
    Lunch - Leftover lasagna or local delivery - Poppos, Anna Maria General Store, JBurns, etc.
    Dinner - Local seafood night out - Rod & Reel Pier or I can make Shrimp Creole if you prefer to stay in

[​IMG]

SATURDAY - SUICIDE QUEEN MELEE - house opens at 11:00 AM till ...........

Table 3 - .25/.50 NLH
    Buy-in $60 - $200 or half the big stack
    Chips - Suicide Queen
    Lunch - local delivery

MAIN EVENT $120 DEEPSTACK NLH BOUNTY TOURNAMENT - starts at 2:00 PM - 27 players max

$80 to the prize pool, $20 bounty, $20 to pay for dinner.
    T25K starting stack with 20 minute blind levels
    Paying 3-5 spots depending on # of players
    Chips - Aviation Club de France or maybe a new tournament set

[​IMG]

DINNER BREAK - 6:00 PM

Pulled pork, baked beans, mac & cheese, cole slaw, and potato salad.

I will have a variety of snacks, beer, and sodas available all weekend - donations to subsidize food & drinks are appreciated but certainly not required.

SUNDAY - Sleep in and hit the beach if your flight leaves later in the day.
  • Sorry the images didn't copy but yeah, chips, beer, sun, sand.
  • Your Itinerary

Flight:
    Detroit (DTW) Monday Departure: 10:25 AM
    Tampa (TPA) February 20, 2017 Arrival: 1:04 PM
    Flight: 639 Miles: 983 Duration: 2 h 39 min
    Tampa (TPA) Monday Departure: 7:00 AM
    Detroit (DTW) February 27, 2017 Arrival: 9:35 AM
    Flight: 650 Miles: 983 Duration: 2 h 35 min
    Purchase Price

FLIGHT PRICE More Info
    $17272
    GOVERNMENT'S CUT More Info
    $3846
    Total Due$211.18
    NOTE: Fares are not guaranteed until purchased.
  • Be aware I think you could likely go Buffalo to Tampa or Orlando even cheaper.. FYI..
  • What's with the Buffalo love? It's like $337 and the flight isn't direct. Buffalo sucks.
  • moose wrote: »
    What's with the Buffalo love? It's like $337 and the flight isn't direct. Buffalo sucks.

Detroit doesn't? I got $220. with ITA although it was a day later. Also small carry on case which is big enough for me travelling alone is free. Spirit charges.

And Spirit really is a cattle car... I did fly Spirit with my wife and 2 checked in bags from Niagara to Ft Lauderdale in April and I think it was like $60. extra.. Plane was a pigsty..
    if Buffalo sucks what is that?
  • Some people have to work so day later is not an option. Spirit sucks but it is cheap. A small bag that fits under your seat is free and since no-one pays for a bag the overhead bins are empty and you can put your bag there anyways.

You got your wife on a plane? When are we going to Vegas?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
  • Tentatively Nov 6-10... No flights booked yet though...
  • Noooo. Louisville meet up Nov 3-6. Royal Cup Nov.12
  • Off the FLA tomorrow suckas. Two spring training games and FLA vs Arkansas basketball booked.

4878a66e2756de2a2f7aae5edba6ee97.jpg

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
  • Moose ...... please watch out for an angry pelican, if he chases you........run for your life.