COMP....... help please

My stupid farking computer downloaded windows 10 after I repeatedly refused to download it. I t just did it in middle of the night.

On my old set up I used an old windows skin so I could know how to use the farking thing. I don't do apps, I use programs.

How can I put the skin back up to get the classic view.

Windows really pissed me off with this.

When I look at this farking home screen I just want to throw my mouse at the screen and tie this piece of shit windows machine to my bumper and drag it down the QEW.

Comments

• Lol, tell us how you really feel. You can got back to the previous windows version if it's been less than 30 days..

Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 - Windows Help -

To prevent it upgrading you again run "never 10" from link below..

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

If this is too tough for you give me remote access and I'll do it for you using teamviewer..

However for all of you listening to the sheep, Windows 10 is a fine O/S and there is no reason not to use it although like you
    I don't like Microsoft pushing it so hard although I know why.
  • You can get the start menu looking the same as windows 7 by deleting those apps panels. Right click on them and then delete.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Lol, tell us how you really feel. You can got back to the previous windows version if it's been less than 30 days..

Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 - Windows Help -

To prevent it upgrading you again run "never 10" from link below..

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

If this is too tough for you give me remote access and I'll do it for you using teamviewer..

However for all of you listening to the sheep, Windows 10 is a fine O/S and there is no reason not to use it although like you
    I don't like Microsoft pushing it so hard although I know why.

Thank you sir. I can handle this level of puter work.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    You can get the start menu looking the same as windows 7 by deleting those apps panels. Right click on them and then delete.

This will make me feel much more comfortable. I like it old school style.
  • I like it old school style.
    Go to vegas - you can get it any style you want there, for a price of course.

#gummygrandma
  • I re-jigged the flux capacitor and all is right in the world again.
  • I'm pretty annoyed too. The same thing just happened to me. I always clicked ignore or 'x' on that popup. I guess one of those pop ups said "your too fucking dumb to read this for the 25th time, all your going to do is click the x, then in the middle of the night were just gonna go ahead and upgrade it anyway".

Have spent a couple hours with it so far. Had to delete spotify and start fresh as it wouldn't work on the new OS.

Still debating on leaving it, or going back to 7. I really did like 7. 8 was horrendous. This doesn't seem all that bad.

Is that restore process pretty straight forward should I choose to go back to 7? How much user interaction is required or does it just go back exactly to the way it was before during a downgrade overnight?
  • Simple process to go back, takes a few minutes but consider staying, you have 30 days to try it.
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    Still debating on leaving it, or going back to 7. I really did like 7. 8 was horrendous. This doesn't seem all that bad.

I recommend keeping it. I was like you at first but once I figured out how to get it looking like Win7, it seemed pretty good. I never had any conflicts with the programs I have installed, but I can see how that can happen. Everyone is updated their apps to work with Win10, so you may just have to be patient until an update comes out.

Win10 is the future. Bow to your overlords.