Moose $50 for $50k Deepstack - Cambridge May 21

$20 DoN SNGs

Saturday May 21 - 1 pm
Doors open 12:30pm

First 10 players to arrive will form the first sng. As players bust, we will start a 2nd sng and run continuous until dinner time. After dinner we may continue with sngs or start a cash game.

In a double or nothing sng you play until half the field is eliminated, you win double your money.

$20 for 5k in chips
20 min blinds

BYOB, BYOS
There will be a 45 min dinner break
30 max

Reserves
1. moose
2. dj
3. stg
4. joelw
5. edtheted
6. jacnok
7. Lorent
8. drtyore
9. the Russian (not the drink)
10. Prophet
11. Blazin72
12. Jason
13. Craig
14. ThisORthat
15. Ana
16. Minimoose

$100 max cash game to start when there are enough players available.

Comments

• Sign me up. Cheers,Steve
  • In please.
  • Me and the Russian are in

Mark
  • Hey Moose Brent and Cameron will be there. (T)
  • List up to date.
  • I'm game!
  • Hey 16 isn't the greatest for a deepstack, especially as soon as someone busts, when the tables may be unbalanced for a long time.

I am going to change the format to $20 double or nothing sngs. We will play as many as we can. If it is not too sunny tomorrow we will be outside so dress appropriately and bring sunscreen.

$20 for 5k in chips, when half the field is eliminated, you win double your money and a new sng will start.

If anyone wants to drop out with the change in format, I understand.

There will also be a BBQ for dinner. Donations accepted.
  • All day deepstack tournaments make the drive worth while. First I doubt all 16 people show. Second, why not just do a shoot out. When you get to 3 players on each table combine or declare winners and award 50% 30% 20% of the money. If you end up with an odd number at the start of the tournament, every blind level do a random draw and one player will move to the empty spot regardless where that previous sat until the first player bust.

Another option is just play two tables and do the same as above without the combining at the end.

I know traveling a distanst to play I definitely perfer the deep stacks. I'd even perfer a 20 or 25K starting stack no rebuy/addon to the 20.00 sit n go. 16 people at 25k would be like Buzzzarrd's getting 40 people out. The tournament would end around 10pm

I will let you know one way or another.

Brent
  • I agree with Brent. I was looking forward to the deep stack format as I am going to Vegas in a couple of weeks. I am not interested in the $20 SnG. I thought 16 was an ok number.
  • I would also prefer the original deep stack format. But will play be there to play no matter what
    format is decided.
  • So if the format remains $20 SnG please remove my name.
  • Cam and I are on our way.

Prophet22
  • I'll just throw in that I'll come down if this is reverted to the original format.
  • It is sngs all day so if anyone wants to come out late, please do

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
  • 7pm tourney $40 10k in chips. Raps on TV. Cmon down

• I'm coming now, should arrive late around 7:20, thanks
  • Cash game?
  • Stay tuned

• Okay. Too late now. Maybe next time!
  • folded wrote: »
    Okay. Too late now. Maybe next time!

too bad, the entertainment value if you had been here - priceless, as we had a Cory wanna be leave multiple people leaving the table shaking their heads.

Kind of reminds me of the Professor, the Banker and the Suicide King. The banker had all the money and the corporation needed Ivy to get it all back.

But like you said, maybe next time.

Prophet22
  • Thanks to all for coming. Good to see lazy ant out again.

We had about 5 SNGs and then a 7pm tourney which was chopped by ana and thisorthat, with lazy ant third and seekthegrail 4th.
  • Sounds like a fun day. Sorry I missed it.

Hopefully I can make the next one.