$ 550 Brantford tourney

Good luck guys ....see ya'll tomorrow. Hope everyone brings their "A" game and we have a few forum people make some money !! :D

Comments

• Good luck guys ....see ya'll tomorrow. Hope everyone brings their "A" game and we have a few forum people make some money !! :D

lol I just posted thread at same time on this very subject...GL. See other for roll calls and last longer
  • Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • Just registered on the phone. Already 55 seats sold.

Should be a decent prize pool.
  • Gl. Wish I could go.
  • Well that was quick....AA cracked into a flopped straight.
    Tilted $400 into $1,200 on blackjack, so all was not lost, lol

Gl everyone else!!
  • If you think this is a re-post of my hand at Buzzard's, look closer, there is a slight variation.

Blinds are 100 / 200 with 25 ante and I have 16k to start the hand.

UTG limps, MP1 limps, MP2 makes it 500, Hi-jack calls, I'm on the button with 2-2, I call, BB calls, UTG and MP1 call. Six to the flop, $3350 in the pot.

Flop is K-T-2, rainbow. It checks to hi-jack who bets $3100 with about $16k behind. I flat call, BB folds, UTG calls, everyone else folds.

Turn is another King. UTG checks, Hi-jack bets $7000 and I decide to go all in as a King is never folding here and I would have had only $5.4k behinds any way. UTG fold and hi-jack calls.

He flips over A-K and the river..........

is an Ace and I'm out.

That's two tournaments in a row I flop a set, turn a boat, get it all in and lose as a 6:1 favourite.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    If you think this is a re-post of my hand at Buzzard's, look closer, there is a slight variation.

Blinds are 100 / 200 with 25 ante and I have 16k to start the hand.

UTG limps, MP1 limps, MP2 makes it 500, Hi-jack calls, I'm on the button with 2-2, I call, BB calls, UTG and MP1 call. Six to the flop, $3350 in the pot.

Flop is K-T-2, rainbow. It checks to hi-jack who bets $3100 with about $16k behind. I flat call, BB folds, UTG calls, everyone else folds.

Turn is another King. UTG checks, Hi-jack bets $7000 and I decide to go all in as a King is never folding here and I would have had only $5.4k behinds any way. UTG fold and hi-jack calls.

He flips over A-K and the river..........

is an Ace and I'm out.

That's two tournaments in a row I flop a set, turn a boat, get it all in and lose as a 6:1 favourite.

I was at this table and Devon was understandably pissed off here. Very gross when you get it in good with a boat only to get rivered by a bigger boat.
  • I busted in 21st.... only 11 get paid . I won't cry over my big losing hand but I really don't understand what happened.

I have QJ clubs

flop comes 2clubs 5clubs 7hearts.

I was in the big blind with 2000 and this Squirrel abuser re-raises me to 6000. This Richard Gere fan has been re-raising all day long so I called the raise a little light.

He bets the flop for about 7000 and shove just around 20,000.

he tanks for a few mins then calls and flips over K clubs 8 diamonds......... NO .... I didn't miss type his hand in ......

the turn and river brick off and this guy wins a monster pot with KING high.

how do you ever call off here ????

The good news is Neil is in BEAST MODE !!!!!! Hope he keeps up the solid play and takes this thing down.

I am open critiques from Devon or Neil if you saw me do anything spewy or spots you would have played my hands different. I was on Devons table first then with Neil for the last few hours.

Mike
  • You? Spewy? Noooo... :D

Those are all tough ways to go out guys. Many condolences.
  • FYI, I would have to disagree with JQs being a 'light' call in the BB, vs someone who has been pounding the raise button from the small.

If he is raising as much as you say, your hand plays very well against his range plus you have position. NH. Him calling off with K high is actually the reason we still play and why the games are still profitable.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »

Wow, that is a tough way to go out....it was good to see you yesterday. Hope you get the variance monkey off your back soon...

• I am open critiques from Devon or Neil if you saw me do anything spewy or spots you would have played my hands different. I was on Devons table first then with Neil for the last few hours.

Mike

It was fun with TORONTO pimp sitting at the table....I think I moved to his table when there were around +/- 40 players left...I can't quite remember. We played together for a few hours anyway. The hand he busted on was right before the break.....I don't know how Villian calls there in that spot. Probably some kind of tilt call...I have no idea.

I certainly didnt see any missteps on your part...solid play all around.

My horsie, Dave H finished in 8th...so it wasn't a total loss for me...

see you at the next one!!
  • I busted in 21st.... only 11 get paid . I won't cry over my big losing hand but I really don't understand what happened.

I have QJ clubs

flop comes 2clubs 5clubs 7hearts.

I was in the big blind with 2000 and this Squirrel abuser re-raises me to 6000. This Richard Gere fan has been re-raising all day long so I called the raise a little light.

He bets the flop for about 7000 and shove just around 20,000.

he tanks for a few mins then calls and flips over K clubs 8 diamonds......... NO .... I didn't miss type his hand in ......

the turn and river brick off and this guy wins a monster pot with KING high.

how do you ever call off here ????

The good news is Neil is in BEAST MODE !!!!!! Hope he keeps up the solid play and takes this thing down.

I am open critiques from Devon or Neil if you saw me do anything spewy or spots you would have played my hands different. I was on Devons table first then with Neil for the last few hours.

Mike

Richard Gere fan and squirrel abuser ROFL.
  • Richard Gere fan and squirrel abuser ROFL.

I stand behind this statement !!!