Is this a huge leak or kinda standard...Stars PLO 6 max

When I play $25 6max PLO I play supper aggro, VPIP is 60...I tend to defend or 3 bet any decent hand in my blinds. I tone it down a bit at $50 6max as the tables are more aggro and the key to profit is playing opposite the table in most situations...there is also a bunch of $10 max in there but I would play that just as aggro as $25.

I never look at stats much (don't play online much either), but saw this and am wondering about it as it is a glaring pattern...my first thought is to FOLD my blinds and EP much more often...although that may decrease my profits when I hit a big hand.

I make lots of money in the CO/BUTTON by representing hands vs weak opponents as 85% of players more or less play their hands face up at this limit and make it too easy to build 2-3 street bluffs for decent pots. I pretty much never fold anything on the button that isn't 3 bet to me as I can float and steal lots if 2-3 to the flop.

Thoughts and/or any comparison to cash game holdem stats for non PLO players?

Untitled_zps7cpt3k6e.png

Comments

• It somewhat represents the value of position in omaha. If it is including what you put in, in the blinds, I say fine, if it is excluding your blinds then it is showing you are a loser in those positions and probably playing too wide a range when you should just be folding. Definitely in EP you are playing too wide.

Can you sort by your hands played and then exclude your weaker hands that are not long term winners to tighten up?
  • moose wrote: »
    It somewhat represents the value of position in omaha. If it is including what you put in, in the blinds, I say fine, if it is excluding your blinds then it is showing you are a loser in those positions and probably playing too wide a range when you should just be folding. Definitely in EP you are playing too wide.

Can you sort by your hands played and then exclude your weaker hands that are not long term winners to tighten up?

I assume it includes my blinds in the calculations but I'm not certain
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I assume it includes my blinds in the calculations but I'm not certain

if you didn't make any changes in the software then yes it includes your blinds.
  • Position matters... Aggressive play OOP has huge variance. If your +EV in these games I would say that tightening up some OOP will boost your profit. ~10k hands is not trivial but variance may still be a factor... But let's not be in denial.... Likely leaky play. Drop some more hands OOP and check the numbers at 20k hands.

What's your blind defend numbers?
  • Position matters... Aggressive play OOP has huge variance. If your +EV in these games I would say that tightening up some OOP will boost your profit. ~10k hands is not trivial but variance may still be a factor... But let's not be in denial.... Likely leaky play. Drop some more hands OOP and check the numbers at 20k hands.

What's your blind defend numbers?

where do I find those? FWIW I have always won at these low stakes, just don't have my old data as I don't play that often at all online, so 10k hands is all I have to look at right now
    where do I find those? FWIW I have always won at these low stakes, just don't have my old data as I don't play that often at all online, so 10k hands is all I have to look at right now
    I think you have to filter your calls of open raises from the blinds manually.... been a while since I used PT
  • Played a bunch of hands today and kept in mind tightening my EP and blind ranges and I limited my 3 betting OOP...small sample but seems to be even more profitable. In addition, playing a few less hands per table I managed to start 6 tabling with table ninja pretty easily. Hopefully moving up for the BAP will continue to be successful:

Untitled_zpsd4diwhte.png
    Played a bunch of hands today and kept in mind tightening my EP and blind ranges and I limited my 3 betting OOP...small sample but seems to be even more profitable. In addition, playing a few less hands per table I managed to start 6 tabling with table ninja pretty easily. Hopefully moving up for the BAP will continue to be successful:

Untitled_zpsd4diwhte.png
    Seems like a reasonable result... one of the best cash players I know looks like a total LAG to everybody... but he's tight from EP... most (all) people have trouble spotting a difference in play from someone just based on position.