Irunit4times Fallsview WPT 2016 Bap!

2»

Comments

• OK I'll post for sake of discussion.

The rake is 1.1 and the markup is 1.5. Together it is 1.65

Math: $1237 = $750 x 1.65

The equity (ignoring skill) is based on the amount of $ going into the prize pool, which is $750. That number includes:

-the chance of busting the sat
    -the chance of winning the sat, but not cashing in the main
    -the chance of winning the sat, and cashing in the main.

You are correct in thinking that by winning the satellite you increase your equity - but the investors equity also includes this potential, and will grow with it equally. Likewise, if you bust the satellite, the investors share is lost. In the advertised BAP, if you do bust the satellite (which will happen a good 70%+ of the time) they come out behind having already pre-paid for the *perceived* additional equity you would have had in the main.

That means in the case of a 10% share, a BAP'ers $123.70 investment is worth only $75 in actual equity.

I didn't post this earlier because it's your BAP and I fully support your right to charge whatever the hell you want... (and if you can sell some at that price, even better!)... but you cannot expect us not to talk about it as those #'s are absolutely crazy. Any mocking or fun at your expense was simply good clean fun during a home game, and never intended as a call out by any means. That includes moose's post which is simply some expert level ball-busting, which I thought it was hilarious.

Sorry that it turned in to this, but I think it was just a misunderstanding. As comp says "can't we all just get along!!"

See you at the next home game.

Andrew
  • I want royalties on that avatar moose. In the meantime, please study the below and figure out where you went wrong:

2ezsl1c.jpg
  • That's awesome. BTW I think I bust yours more than anyones. Let me know where I am on the chart.
  • moose wrote: »
    That's awesome. BTW I think I bust yours more than anyones. Let me know where I am on the chart.

qs5948.png
  • 4th isn't bad
  • Hey [MENTION=11540]Bfillmaff[/MENTION], what happened to the flow chart?

It was the best part of this thread, which should, btw, be posted in the HOF! 😂
  • The memories... anybody heard from Alex?

*Can't remember... was this the chart?

image_redirect.jpeg
  • The one and only! Still makes me 😂.

I spoke to Alex a few times last year but have lost touch with him again since. He had a lot going on at that time, but we did agree to move forward in a friendly and cordial manner.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    The one and only! Still makes me ��.

I spoke to Alex a few times last year but have lost touch with him again since. He had a lot going on at that time, but we did agree to move forward in a friendly and cordial manner.

Well if you do talk to him again, invite him back. He would be welcome of course.
  • I saw him at the Airport in Las Vegas last July just before the Main event.

he looked like a million bucks, was in good shape and had a nice sport jacket on. We had a nice chat for a couple of minutes then I was on my way to the luggage carousel.

on a side note........ can some please go check on Carddead to see if he is sniffing paint ? Must be pretty bored to resurrect this OLD thing.

let me leave all with this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
  • Haven't seen Alex since his last night hosting (at least I assume it was his last time hosting). Wish he'd come back. Always good to have another local game to play at.
  • on a side note........ can some please go check on Carddead to see if he is sniffing paint ? Must be pretty bored to resurrect this OLD thing.

First of all, paint has no fumes any more, Grandpa! (No offence Comp)

Secondly, yes, now that my renos are done just in time for the social distancing era, I have almost nothing to do now.

So, I had a bunch of time to kill this morning and I remembered that thread, specifically, Andrew’s flow chart, so I searched it up (as the kids say).

Beats seaching for Monkey and/or midget videos. 😛
  • Glen, I am offended that you think I ONLY watch midget and monkey videos......

lately I have been fascinated by bats peeing videos.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZK_NjBoJI

but mostly I have been watching Cowboy Kent........ I will start you off on the grill cheese video ...... from there feel free to check out his other recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc77j89PfAw

Cowboy Kent is amazing.
  • ...because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
  • I speak with ALex occasionally on FB. He's doing fine after some rough patches in his personal life. He's still a pretty devoted Dad to his little girl (or seems so), so who knows how much time he even spends on poker any more.