Why do people think that online players are better?

Why do people generally say online players are better than live players?

I don't play at higher limits, mostly 25NL online and 1/2 Live.

There is almost no difference between these player types. Both are generally bad players. Lower limit NL players will call raises with almost any 2 cards and with the wrong odds.

I don't see a difference. Probably at higher limits?

Comments

• do you play zoom or normal tables?

Generally online players are better because they play more hands/solid ranges.
  • Online players have access to databases of information that live players don't that help them make better decisions.
  • trigs wrote: »
    Online players have access to databases of information that live players don't that help them make better decisions.
    This, for those that use it. That's why I rarely if ever play online anymore. It is not a level playing field. If you aren't using the tools then you are just giving away your money. If somehow online sites could ban tracking tools then I would likely go back, but until then forget it. Live players are no worse than online players that don't use the tools, roughly the same I would say. It is just not the same as it was 10 years ago. :(

Banning automated tracking tools, rakeback, etc, getting it back to a level playing field is the only long term hope for online poker I think. Until then it is only the so called online "pro's" using tools, playing a very automated game for declining $$$, which is sure to kill the old goose.
  • You really think people are using software playing 25NL?
  • You really think people are using software playing 25NL?

Of course they are... Can you play 8-16 tables without it?

Here is a great article about it written in better words than I could ever come up with. This is a big reason why I don't think online players (not using tracking software) are any better than live players, just different.

Ian Simpson: Are Poker Software Tools Good For Game?

Some of the comments after the article are pretty good as well.