War in Ukraine

For more than a year hostilities continue on the territory of Ukraine. Not so long ago our country used to be peaceful, and now we are burying our citizens almost every day.

As it always happens trouble came from where it was least expected! Even in their worst dreams Ukrainians couldn’t imagine that the Russian Government would launch a war between sister nations while well aware of the fact that every third citizen of these countries has got relatives both in Ukraine and in Russia. This happened regardless of Ukraine’s rejection of nuclear weapons, according to Budapest Memorandum, and Russia’s commitment (together with the USA and the UK) to refrain from any threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine.

The Memorandum was signed 20 years ago and political leadership in Russia has changed since. Obligations signed earlier have lost their validity unilaterally at that moment when by the efforts of Russian spies and Ukrainian corrupt officials and with the support of Russian soldiers the Crimea peninsula was annexed according to the falsified results of the so-called “referendum”. And as if it was not enough, practically right after that the war was launched in the East of Ukraine. Bloody, fratricidal, terrible war.

Military equipment, including artillery and tanks, huge amount of weapons and ammunition, numerous Russian professional soldiers for training terrorists were brought through the part of the borderline uncontrolled by Ukraine in to the territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions occupied by Russia.

Who could’ve thought about the possibility of such unprincipled cruelty? Who could’ve imagined that Putin, the President of Russia, would avow that his soldiers “will hide behind Ukrainian civilian residents’ backs"? By the way, that was what actually happened when terrorists’ artillery crews hid in residential settlements while shelling Ukrainian army positions.

As a result of hostilities thousands of Ukrainians have lost their lives – both soldiers and civilian residents; millions of Ukrainians were forced to leave their homes in haste and seek refuge in other regions of Ukraine, as well as abroad.

Such is the price Ukraine is paying today for choosing a democratic way of development! After all, this horror started after Ukrainians openely declared their intention to join the European Union. As a result the former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych fled to Russia with his closest assosiates and the war broke out in Ukraine...

The drastic state Ukraine is in right now is the reason "New Format" charity foundation was created. Our main purpose is elimination of the hostilities' consequences and assistance in a speedy termination of war on the territory of Ukraine.

Thanks in advance for your understanding!

To learn more about charity foundation you may visit our site: http://www.pokerforum.ca/index.php

P.S. It is embarassing to ask for money, but at times we have no choice… When blood, violence and death come to your home. When the enemy is strong and insidious. When there are thousands of deceased and and dozens of thousands of wounded and disabled.

War is the ugliest of things! God bless you and your loved ones!

Comments

• Sorry, everyone is busy with Paris right now . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Sorry, everyone is busy with Paris right now . . .

Are you fucking serious Milo?
  • This is the kind of post I have always been uncomfortable with allowing it to stay. While the stated purpose I would agree with, how do we know it's real and not just another scam? What say you fellow PFC'ers?

Posting this in a pokerforum seems kinda out of sorts, not sure if this is just being posted by some sort of bot or a real person. What say you real person or bot? Speak up..
  • compuease wrote: »
    This is the kind of post I have always been uncomfortable with allowing it to stay. While the stated purpose I would agree with, how do we know it's real and not just another scam? What say you fellow PFC'ers?

Posting this in a pokerforum seems kinda out of sorts, not sure if this is just being posted by some sort of bot or a real person. What say you real person or bot? Speak up..

I think first post asking for money isn't something that should be allowed to stay. Nothing wrong with bring attention to the situation of there, but redact the asking for money part. Inform him of the decision.

Personally, I think it is a scam. I am surprised a first time poster hasn't put something up about France.

Prophet22
    This is the kind of post I have always been uncomfortable with allowing it to stay. While the stated purpose I would agree with, how do we know it's real and not just another scam? What say you fellow PFC'ers?

leave post. delete link.

most likely a scam but probably the most well written scam post i've ever seen so it deserves some credit lol.
  • First post?

Delete it. If they're looking for help on something like this than I suggest adding to the "Welcome to PFC" bit saying

We are okay with people trying to raise funds / awareness about issues (If we are apparently), but please, to avoid immediate deletion of your post, introduce yourself and state your purpose.

Personally, I don't know that this is something that happens often since I'm not a mod, but also... we all... kinda know about these things and can find charitable organizations ourselves if so desire no?

Mark
  • trigs wrote: »
    Are you fucking serious Milo?

I am about as serious as the OP is . . .

How long has the Russian incursion in Ukraine been going on? And he's just getting to CPF now?
    Also, joins and waits three weeks for his first post?

DELETE IT. LOCK THREAD.
  • Don't want to try and guess what trigs was upset about but I think it MAY have had something to do with the appearance of making light of the situation in Paris. I'm not sure what your meaning was but hope it wasn't that...
    Don't want to try and guess what trigs was upset about but I think it MAY have had something to do with the appearance of making light of the situation in Paris. I'm not sure what your meaning was but hope it wasn't that...

Right. Thanks, Comp
    Right. Thanks, Comp
    Your are welcome, didn't think you were, but can see where the impression came from.
  • Considering the exact same text has been posted at several different forums across the net by an account named "New Format", I'd consider it pretty spammy.
  • Hi Bill . . . give Ace an extra treat this weekend. One of his cousins did a hell of a job this week.
    Hi Bill . . . give Ace an extra treat this weekend. One of his cousins did a hell of a job this week.

I saw that. Mal police dog named Diesel got killed during the raid when the suicide bomber blew herself up. Very sad.
  • Yes and no . . . Yes, because Diesel is gone. No, because you, like most dog people, know that she really WAS doing what she wanted to do right up until the end came. And, unlike when they say that about people, I don't think in Diesel's case that it is a fatuous comment whatsoever

It is one of the more noble things about our canine friends.