I just started really living for the first time today!

I bought my first charcoal smoker. Had to make something first day so did halibut and sausages. Tomorrow will be ribs. Next day brisket. This may be the greatest day of my life.

Comments

• Oh. I thought you quit your job.
  • moose wrote: »
    Oh. I thought you quit your job.

LOL that would be awesome as well.
  • Next seasons fat boy challenge champ...lol. :)>:D:)
  • Brisket takes a long time best done on weekends
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Brisket takes a long time best done on weekends

yeah i've been looking at some recipes and i don't think i've seen one shorter than 7 hours lol.
  • I usually put it on for 12 to 18 hours. What you can do is smoke for about 7 and take off the smoker then fire up a BBQ or oven at a low temp and put it in there. You will still have the nice smokey taste in the brisket. I sometimes do that with my pulled pork, slow cooker after smoking it with some BBQ sauce.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I usually put it on for 12 to 18 hours. What you can do is smoke for about 7 and take off the smoker then fire up a BBQ or oven at a low temp and put it in there. You will still have the nice smokey taste in the brisket. I sometimes do that with my pulled pork, slow cooker after smoking it with some BBQ sauce.

That's a good idea. I might try that.
  • Amazingribs.com
  • moose wrote: »
    Amazingribs.com

great site. already found it and was using it.

made the best ribs of my life yesterday. marinated them for 24 hours in a simple rub (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne for a little spice). smoked them for around 5 hours and then threw them on the BBQ for a few minutes per side. just deliciously amazing.
  • Great! Just friggin' Great!!!

Gained 5 pounds reading this post

Milton Slim