RIP Norman Overdijk

2011 CPT Player of the Year Norman Overdijk Dies in Tragic Accident | PokerNews

Anyone come across this guy? I saw him in Richmond a few years back.. maybe some people here know a little more about him.

Comments

• He was a regular attendee of Red Shores' big poker tournaments in PEI. A truly nice guy, always with a joke to tell or humorous remark at the table. He was also a great player who enjoyed being at the table, and never let any negative emotions slip into his game.

My fondest memory came just last month when I was nearly drowned when he spilled a entire beer (lucky) off the table and into the chip tray and (unluckily) into my lap. I just laughed. He was one of those guys you couldn't be angry with.

Canada's poker rooms will be a little less exciting with him not around.

RIP BIG NORM!!!
  • He was a fun loving guy. Shot the shit with him in Edmonton, Montreal and this spring at DeepStacks Grey Eagle. He had done well for himself in life, sad to hear his adventures are over as he truly would extend his friendship to all he met.
  • Red Shores gave away these chips in Norms memory during the 2015 Atlantic Canada Poker Challenge.

IMG_1952.jpg

They went over really well, we had many players comment on our classiness for honouring Norm. We also presented his son Luke with a customized jacket that Norm had made after he won one of our tournaments. During the ceremony there was hardly a dry eye in the room.

The funny moment came during the speech when our Gaming Manager Melvina commented that "Norm never gave us a moment of silence so we aren't giving him one!"

If anyone wants a chip, I will see if I can get a few more to give out.