Fatboy Challenge 2015 - the Contest Continues ...

Fatboy Challenge 2015 - the Contest Continues ...

It has been a tumultuous year to say the least. Having gone through two CAS investigations, and being cleared in both, to being let go for defending myself from a kid trying to stab me as well as have my car damaged to the tune of 7000.00 that the company refused to pay to fixed. On top of that, having knee surgery, dealing with shoulder issues and then there are other difficult family related circumstances that have required my attention (Greg and a couple of others are aware of), it has been difficult 6 months for me to be in a contest like this.

I am so happy for the four of us who committed to the contest. Knowing others are going through the same struggles makes it somewhat easier. My biggest issue with food is comfort. When I am feeling overwhelmed, depressed – I eat. Doesn’t matter the time of day. I go to the favorite French Fries. Bags of potato chips, McDonalds. I have restaurants where I can order food and pay on pay day. Food is a real problem for me in depressing times.

I know 30 lbs. isn’t a lot during this contest, but to me it is 30 lbs. despite all the things I have been dealing with these past 6 months. And since 2009 it brings the total to 71 lbs. I am hoping once I break the 350 lbs. barrier, a bunch of weight will come off. And after losing 3.2 pounds this week, it is about to happen soon. (I hope).

I find myself at a cross roads. There is still 5 months left in the contest. Do I want to make Greg an offer or do I continue in the contest – I mean how much more can he lose? I do see things settling down a bit. My body has healed the last month of being out of the pool and I think I am ready to get back at. My biggest issue is understanding food and how it relates to my body. When I finished high school I weighed 120 lbs. By the time I went to college, I was 250 lbs. In 1991, I was 235 lbs. and in 1996 I was 350 lbs. and by 2009 I was 425 lbs. I knew 500 lbs. was just around the corner and it was something I was determined not to let happen.

Next weigh in is November 21st, 2015
Stay Tuned,

Prophet22

CHALLENGE 1 - WINNER PKRFCE9
CHALLENGE 2 - WINNER ACID JOE
Challenge 3 - ????

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/official-fatboy-2015-weight-thread-32600/

Prophet 22 starting weight 385.0 – current close of challenege 2 - 354.7
Pkrfce9 starting weight 285.2 – current - close of challenege 2 219.2

Comments

• Spot on when you talk about understanding food. Diet is so much more inportant than anything else, even exercise.

Losing 100lbs (so 70 more) would put you over 25% and would be real close.

15lbs a month. Get it done!
  • You must have been 120 when you finished NURSERY school. Shit I was 190 when I finished high school...

My goal is only 10 pounds away. 25% total loss.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    You must have been 120 when you finished NURSERY school. Shit I was 190 when I finished high school...

My goal is only 10 pounds away. 25% total loss.
    And yes, I've put on a few pounds since challenge 2 ended. Mandarin and ayce sushi can do that to you... This was expected. Nothing compared to what happened after challenge 1.
  • I am glad the contest ended when it did knowing I had a week on the road for work. I am also glad that I am NOT involved in the November contest because I don't know how much more I could do or where I would need to be to win that one. The end of contest 1 I just kept going never put anything on unlike this time where going off 10 days of juicing with traveling lead to 5 lbs being put on in a week (I was 219.5 today not impressed). The good news is I blew by my goals that I set at the beginning which was to get to 225 to 230 by June. I probably would not have gotten to where I did without this contest.

Brent, do what you think is best for you. I wish you luck because I am seeing a lot of health issues disappear now that I have lost this weight. I believe diet is probably 90% and exercise is 10%. By the end of the contest I was doing 2 sessions of aquafit and one of hydro rider (spinning in a pool) plus at the pool most other days, I did almost 0 exercise prior to moving out east. Once you establish the routine it just becomes something you do almost without thinking.

Take care and good luck Brent.

PS Greg I was 160 when I finished high school.
  • I've seen nothing about the last challenge? How are you boys doing with it or did you come to some sort of deal?
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I've seen nothing about the last challenge? How are you boys doing with it or did you come to some sort of deal?

We did.

I got as low as 330 but am back up to 350. Still 35 pounds for the year.

Prophet22
  • I think this is where the original challenge was supposed to end. So I will sign in at 220 lbs (this morning) just as a check up. Up about 6 pounds from where I finished the 2nd phase of the challenge in June. Without the challenge to keep me motivated I did get up to 230 pounds before I went crap, this isn't working. Adding meat into my diet from almost pure vegan plus alcohol consumption was not a good mix. Unfortunately tore my rotator cuff about 3 months ago as well. That has kept me from swimming which was my number one activity during the challenge. Hopefully I will be ready to resume in Jan. with the swimming. Curious to see where Greg is at right now as Brent posted his about a week ago.