2015 Fatboy Champion

Challenge 2

Name Starting Weight Finish Weight Total Loss %

Acid Joe 291.5 214.5 77.0 26.42%
Prophet22 385.0 354.7 30.3 7.87%
Bfillmaff 210.8 180.8 30.0 14.23%
pkrfce9 285.2 219.2 66.0 23.14%

total loss = 203.3 17.34%

I want to thank everyone for their efforts in this year’s competition. While Joe is going to win money for himself and his charity, we are all winners for living healthier life styles. I am going to take it up another level and work with someone for the next 6 months to see if I can get to 325 lbs. This would make me 100 lbs lighter than I was in 2009.
30 pounds doesn’t seem that much to someone who started out the heaviest of the group, but 6 months in and I have kept it off. In reality I have lost 71 pounds since 2009 and that makes me pretty happy. I am hoping my next plan will work a little better for me.

While there will be no money on the line it will be interesting to see where all four of us stand in December.

Thanks Again!

Brent"cheers:"cheers:

Comments

• Thanks for organizing this, Brent. It has given me the motivation to get healthier and for once, I'm confident I won't slip back into old habits.

Congrats to Joe on the solid effort.
  • Thanks for your work Brent and good luck with that. I will be happy to report in December. My job in Halifax allow me more free time which I have been utilizing since joining the Canada Games Centre here. Instead of commuting for 4 hours a day, it is done to 1 hour or less depending on traffic and I am there for an hour and a half a day. I truly hope that the 3XL shirts will be a thing of the past.

As you stated everyone in the challenge were winners. I am off all meds, my blood pressure has never been better (115/77 last time), my legs look normal rather than tree trunks and while I'll need an ultrasound to confirm I am sure this has helped the fatty liver I had. .

The downside is I have a lot of excess skin on my chest and stomach due to the amount of weigh loss, hopefully that will tighten up with time. Now time for a pineapple, apple, celery and collard green juice.
  • EMT shipped and charity paid. GG!

2ekry86.jpg
  • Thanks Bfillmaff, GG.
  • Wow, inspiring guys. Way to go. Congrats to everybody.
  • I've donated $40. I think that was the right amount. Once I get my tablet charged up I'll send USD 81 on stars.

Congrats Joe. Keep up the good work.

uploadfromtaptalk1435074793006.JPG

P.S. I just checked and the stars transfer went through. Now it's up to you to turn that into a million!
  • Brent forwarded me the money for the donation and I added $50 out of my winnings as well. The money went to my nephews team in its fundraising efforts for MD. He thanks everyone for their donation to MD as he has been living with it since he was 4 years old.

Walkemailbanner_Current.jpg
    Thank you for sponsoring Team Alex in the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy.
    Your gift of $100.00 CAD helps people with neuromuscular disorders every day in communities across Canada gain better access to the equipment, services and education they need, as well as funding leading research into new and better therapies, with the ultimate goal of finding a cure.
    DollarsAtWork_Current.jpg
  • It has been three weeks since challenge three began. While there may be on two competitors this time, and my competition has good lead, it hasn’t deterred me from accomplishing my goal. Like I said before, if I could break past the 350lbs barrier, the pounds would come off again. I have been working hard the last three weeks. Stayed away from Mary Browns (love the taters and gravy), no McDonalds. (Not skipping meals so I could eat at those places) Instead of pulling in for a junior chicken or nuggets, I pack something to much on in the car and it is working. I take a bottle of water with me where ever I go. When I stepped on the scale this week, I weighed in at 339.5 lbs. (It will be up a little today, was taken to the Mandarin last night and I had dessert for the first time in three weeks.)

Greg, I know you thought it would be easy money, flying with me through till December 20th, we both agreed to the change, but I am gunning for you! My coach knows what there talking about! Thanks for signing up for all three events. You’re a great friend for doing that!

Prophet22
  • Starting with a coach was sheer genius! What a great idea. This coach must know what he/she is talking about for you to show such a massive loss after you were floundering for so long.

Keep with it. Stay motivated. Mandarin is a minor misstep as long as you get back on the horse.

If you are below 300 and I'm at 210 by Christmas then we are both winners.
  • Good Luck Brent..... Nothing would make me happier than for you to take down pkrfce.

On a total aside I am sitting exactly where I was 3 weeks ago..... think I lost a bit on the stomach but I know I am getting stronger so probably built some muscle tone.
  • Congratz to all of you!
  • So I decided to play poker with some guys I had seen in a while. The host was from Pickering so the drive wasn't that bad. I hadn't seen him probably since Nov.14, so he had no idea I was in this weight lost challenge. I walk up the path way to his house and he says “Where is the other half of you?” Milo was also there and gave me a nice compliment as well.

I certainly haven’t lost half my weight, but it is nice that people whom I haven’t seen in 6 months have notice. Better watch out Pkrfce9, I am coming for you!

Prophet22
  • Odds are slim
  • Brent, great to see you and Cam at Garry's,
    Good to have a bunch of the old Ching crew together for the night

Milton Slim

GO JAYS GO!
  • So I decided to play poker with some guys I had seen in a while. The host was from Pickering so the drive wasn't that bad. I hadn't seen him probably since Nov.14, so he had no idea I was in this weight lost challenge. I walk up the path way to his house and he says “Where is the other half of you?” Milo was also there and gave me a nice compliment as well.

I certainly haven’t lost half my weight, but it is nice that people whom I haven’t seen in 6 months have notice. Better watch out Pkrfce9, I am coming for you!

Prophet22

I stopped in to my old work as I was heading out to lunch with a few ex coworkers. I got the same reaction from people. My ex manger said he came over only because he recognized my voice not me. Put a few pounds back on sitting at 219 right now. Looking at getting below 200 by new year now. Seems very weird having pants that range from a 36 to 48 as I haven't thrown anything out. We haven't managed to catch up Prophet but congrats, and take down Pkrfce....
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Odds are slim

You are probably right, but at least I can now comfortably wear a size 44 pants again.
    ^-^

Prophet22
  • I've got some old size 44 jeans I hope I'll never wear again. They would probably look like Capri pants on you but you could airways turn them into shorts!
  • Have talked to a friend and my daughter. We are considering a swim across the North Humberland straight from New Brunswick to PEI next year. Training starts shortly. He has swam lake Ontario so he knows what he is doing. 15K swim next August. We will commit to it at Christmas and I start training next week. I see below 200 lbs coming.....