Std or bad play and lucky?

Does anyone fold here? BTW 8 game is fun!

PokerStars Hand #136510525892: 8-Game (Omaha Pot Limit, $0.50/$1.00 USD) - 2015/06/09 22:36:08 ET
Table 'Denebola V' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Leon_Javur ($86.99 in chips)
Seat 2: warwicktom ($100 in chips)
Seat 3: cdnmoose07 ($106.81 in chips)
Seat 4: Summ3L ($161.81 in chips)
Seat 5: Spokey ($98.50 in chips)
Seat 6: imokokokokok ($102.17 in chips)
imokokokokok: posts small blind $0.50
Leon_Javur: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to cdnmoose07 [As 7c 7h 2s]
warwicktom: raises $2 to $3
cdnmoose07: calls $3
Summ3L: calls $3
Spokey: calls $3
imokokokokok: calls $2.50
Leon_Javur: calls $2
*** FLOP *** [7s Tc 8s]
imokokokokok: checks
Leon_Javur: checks
warwicktom: checks
cdnmoose07: bets $17.19
Summ3L: folds
Spokey: calls $17.19
imokokokokok: folds
Leon_Javur: raises $66.80 to $83.99 and is all-in
warwicktom: folds
cdnmoose07: calls $66.80
Spokey: raises $11.51 to $95.50 and is all-in
cdnmoose07: calls $11.51
*** TURN *** [7s Tc 8s] [5c]
*** RIVER *** [7s Tc 8s 5c] [4s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
cdnmoose07: shows [As 7c 7h 2s] (a flush, Ace high)
Spokey: mucks hand
cdnmoose07 collected $23.02 from side pot
Leon_Javur: mucks hand
cdnmoose07 collected $267.17 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $292.99 Main pot $267.17. Side pot $23.02. | Rake $2.80
Board [7s Tc 8s 5c 4s]
Seat 1: Leon_Javur (big blind) mucked [Jh 5s 9s 2h]
Seat 2: warwicktom folded on the Flop
Seat 3: cdnmoose07 showed [As 7c 7h 2s] and won ($290.19) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 4: Summ3L folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Spokey (button) mucked
Seat 6: imokokokokok (small blind) folded on the Flop

Comments

• I think this call is fine... although against 2 opponents you're likely going to have to make your flush draw to win.... lucky the river wasn't the 6s. .. lol

i think Leon was overly optimistic on the flop

EDIT: I take back what i said about Leon.... i cant look at 4 card hands without thinking hi/lo
  • TBH I wasn't expecting an overset when I got flat called. In fact I thought spokey was the most spewy to shove when he knew that he had to pair the board to win. But I'm sure seekthegrail will run the equities soon.
  • here's the equity summary....
    As 2s 7c 7h ..... 24.17 %
    Ts Ac Kc Td ..... 29.88 %
    9s 5s Jh 2h ..... 45.95 %

I'll post my thought process a bit later....
  • ok..... here's my thoughts...

preflop....

EP open raises 3x and everone calls.... there are obviously no bad hands when you get 4 cards.... I need to start playing online again!!

flop....

BOOM.... nice flop for you... hee hee!!... ok... checked to you... you pot it... nice... i expect 5 callers here... lol.... not to be.... button flats you and the BB moves in.... decision time!

BB looks like a made hand here.... i dont see a check/raise from him being a big draw especially since you're holding the big draw!! So straight or higher set.... player behind you is a slight complication but you're a slight fav heads up vs. a made straight and about 33% vs. a higher set.... so its an easy call vs. that range without the player behind you! To me the button flat looked like a weak draw.... you're hand is only a marginal fold vs. the worst case scenario where 1 player has a straight and the other a higher set. Deeper stacks would have been interesting because then you would have had to think more about it... but you all are close in stack sizes and done betting on this street!!

Versus any range of hands you can correctly call here... but of course you find yourself in the worst case scenario... lol

turn....

ugh... Buttons equity takes a big jump here... you have 6 outs... button has 13... and the BB is looking happy!

So yeah.... you got lucky.... but theres nothing wrong with your line.
  • I think everything post flop is fine... But I think theres an argument for folding A772 pre flop. You hit the absolute best possible flop for your hand... and then had to wonder if it was any good!!
  • Hmm

The only thing throwing me is the 6 table aspect, and that's only with regards to the pre-flop fold/call. I would fold this in early position, but with 6 handed, there could be an argument for calling I suppose. I don't think I adjust my play based on table size very well.

Post flop, I like the bet out with some many players to limit the field. Bottom set is the best hand possible to lose all your money though - I've said before it's about equivalent to bottom two pair flopped in NLHE, but with the rest of that board bottom set is weaker than that in this situation. Once you get resistance though, you're done. This should have been a fold. You can't make that call with people still to act behind you.

Mark
  • preflop -- fold...I can find a call on the button with this hand multiway at certain tables. Calling UTG+1 is throwing money away.

flop -- fold -- at best you have 1 7 and 6 spades (ten is not good as there is almost always a larger set out there and there are almost always 2 blockers in this scenario) = 7 outs to win vs competent players...you are good enough to do the math in this spot and realize it's an easy fold. fyi betting pot in this spot is a big leak IMO...a smaller bet accomplishes the same thing and lets you get away even easier

fold

fold

fold

fold

fold