Making the Case for Athleticism Can It Be Done?

There are strong opinions on both sides. I'm pretty sure I know which side poker players come down on tho...

Comments

• Haha

I was sure this was about me at the RC... my doctor says I'm "athletic" in measurements pertaining to BP / Blood work / pulse etc. (And yes, liver & kidney functions are normal - Weird right?)

Mark
  • If this is the starting point for of some kind of bet...

IN.
  • All I know is running in the snow yesterday sucked and running today in below freezing temp on April fucking 23 really sucked.

Even Jose was drinking coffee in the dugout and it's a domed stadium.

bautistameme.jpg
  • kettlebells
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Haha

I was sure this was about me at the RC... my doctor says I'm "athletic" in measurements pertaining to BP / Blood work / pulse etc. (And yes, liver & kidney functions are normal - Weird right?)

Mark
    I've never heard anyone say someone is athletic based on vital signs and blood work. If everything was within normal limits, I'd say you are healthy.
  • I've never heard anyone say someone is athletic based on vital signs and blood work. If everything was within normal limits, I'd say you are healthy.
    i went to the emergency room with a broken wrist when i was 21... the triage nurse took my vitals... blood pressure and heart rate... actually took my heart rate twice... second time for a complete minute.... before writing down 40... when i finally seen the doctor, he took a quick look at the admitting chart and knew exactly how i broke my wrist, and i had told no one at the hospital how it had happened!

Full disclosure... i had a nasty scrap across my forehead as well.
  • You were practising autoerotic asphyxiation when the rope broke and you fell off the chair...
  • i went to the emergency room with a broken wrist when i was 21... the triage nurse took my vitals... blood pressure and heart rate... actually took my heart rate twice... second time for a complete minute.... before writing down 40... when i finally seen the doctor, he took a quick look at the admitting chart and knew exactly how i broke my wrist, and i had told no one at the hospital how it had happened!

Full disclosure... i had a nasty scrap across my forehead as well.

Yeah, I don't think that really had anything to do with your vitals or HR. Same vitals in an 80yo and the person likely needs a pacemaker. Vitals are just numbers and need to be interpreted appropriately. Someone can't have "athletic" vitals or bloodwork.
  • Yeah, I don't think that really had anything to do with your vitals or HR. Same vitals in an 80yo and the person likely needs a pacemaker. Vitals are just numbers and need to be interpreted appropriately. Someone can't have "athletic" vitals or bloodwork.

Believe you me, I'll gladly take (to many people's surprise I'ms ure) healthy. Though, this is the 2nd time I've gotten the "athletic" range label - seems more tied to Blood Pressure and pulse and the first time was by a nurse taking blood.

Mark
  • Did you drop your pants tho?
  • moose wrote: »
    Did you drop your pants tho?

I love going to doctors... one of the few places that's expected.

Mark
  • moose wrote: »
    Did you drop your pants tho?

They had to attach the cuff somewhere . . .
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I love going to doctors... one of the few places that's expected.

Mark

Not in the Waiting Room it isn't.