Toronto Home Game - No Rake

We are a large group of players with rotating hosts playing in different homes across the city approx. 3 nights/week. Our game is NL Holdem. Blinds are 5-5-10 with a min $500 and uncapped buy in. All are either business people or professionals (docs/lawyers/bankers - no poker pros). Ages are 30-60. If this sounds like your cup of tea and you are a like minded individual; send me a PM or reply here and we can discuss further. Spots open for this Sunday March 22nd.

Comments

• Do you have any bigger stakes..?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Do you have any bigger stakes..?

I know of bigger games which some of our players go to. With that being said this game is uncapped with smallish blinds and lots of straddles. If you are looking for deep stack action then you will find it.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Do you have any bigger stakes..?
    Quoted for awesomeness!
  • Quoted for awesomeness!

Sorry, I'm new here. Was the bigger stakes question asked in jest?
  • Sorry, I'm new here. Was the bigger stakes question asked in jest?
    That would be my first guess! No offence meant, but not many people are are going to show up to a game where you need to bring 2 or 3 thousand dollars to, without having been there before. At least I wouldn't recommend anyone going to an unknown game... a game posted on the Internet by someone with no previous connection to this forum... with that much money! But maybe I'm just paranoid! No offence!
  • None taken!

Im new here but have the same account on 2+2 since 2004. Furthermore, there is no cash at the game (we settle at the end with a cheque). Lastly, I expect that if you have played these stakes anytime over the last 10-15 years, either live or online, then someone in our group knows you. I'm merely trying to use the internet to re connect with people who we might know, but havent seen in a while. Hope that makes sense.
  • No problem... we see a lot of spam... and things get boring... sarcasm is a great release... good luck!
  • We are a large group of players with rotating hosts playing in different homes across the city approx. 3 nights/week. Our game is NL Holdem. Blinds are 5-5-10 with a min $500 and uncapped buy in. All are either business people or professionals (docs/lawyers/bankers - no poker pros). Ages are 30-60. If this sounds like your cup of tea and you are a like minded individual; send me a PM or reply here and we can discuss further. Spots open for this Sunday March 22nd.

I'm interested, PM me!
  • What are your locations (generally) and what nights do you play?
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    What are your locations (generally) and what nights do you play?

All over the city but mostly downtown, Fridays, Sundays and one other week day. The open spots are only for this Sunday as I am the only host willing to gamble on meeting new players online. If you can make it Sunday and it turns out you are a good fit for the group (action player, non degenerate, friendly person) then you would certainly be invited to the other games.

edit: I love your quote. Wish We could all live up to our pets expectations!
  • You accept checks from poker players??
  • Unfortunately, your locations and times don't work for me, but I don't think I'd be a good fit for your group, as I'm a friendly degenerate nit.
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    You accept checks from poker players??

Sure. We are all friends. Haven't had a problem in over 10 years.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Unfortunately, your locations and times don't work for me, but I don't think I'd be a good fit for your group, as I'm a friendly degenerate nit.

Degenerate, friendly, gamblers are welcome. Doubt you meant you were a degenerate human being :). The nit part would be the problem!

Either way, best of luck at the tables.
  • [ ] professional banker/lawyer/doctor
    [x] cheques
    [ ] emt
    [ ] 199-
    [x] 21st century
    [x] lol
  • moose wrote: »
    [ ] professional banker/lawyer/doctor
    [x] cheques
    [ ] emt
    [ ] 199-
    [x] 21st century
    [x] lol

Cheques or Interact, both are fine. Just dont bring cash.