~Adventures with Shar~

Well hello everyone!!! Long time no see, but I am excited to get poker back into my routine and mmmmmaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn have I missed this place!!!

I have had some pretty significant things going on in the last Year or so which made me take a close look at what I want in life, and for me that is just pure happiness and have no regrets...

An accident this past May long weekend that took my 19 year old cousin from us has made me realize more now than ever before how important it is to live life every day, and to love what you do in the time you are doing it.

In this outlook, I decided it was no longer worth giving up my entire life by working the 14-16 hour days till 4am. Don't get me wrong, I love serving but I needed a change from this lifestyle.

I briefly tried a stint as a restaurant manager with Denny's Family Restaurant. The training I received was intense and perhaps some of the best I have ever gotten but the setting and hours were still too much for me to handle anymore.

In October I decided to take a chance and apply for a Marketing position with Sysco Foodservice. This was completely out of my comfort level and tho I did not have the exact qualifications they look for I do have over 20 years experience in the food industry!! I started there in November as a Sales Rep and now have been offered my own territory effective March 16!!

I can't believe what a change this has made in my life!! I love what I do for a living and still get to serve people and create my own customer base!! I have been given the chance to run my own business with a corporate safety net .... and I am so excited to build this up!

This change has made me look at 2014 as a rebuilding year and now in 2015 I can reap the rewards. I am home every night and cooking at least 4 days a week (this has not been the case for many years). I am able to get in a real routine that will allow me to partake in so much more from going to the lake to hitting the poker room.

I look forward to getting back to playing on a consistent basis and building up a travel appropriate bank roll!

Anyways....I could have gone on for a lot longer than this about what has happened in the last year but what I really want to say is I missed you guys a lot and I am glad to be back around....

Now where is Phil so I can "Gibbs" smack him upside the head.. :)

@}->--
Shar~

Comments

• So nice to hear from you again. It's awesome when your hours and your success are within your own control.
  • Welcome back Shar, we missed you...
  • Welcome back. Glad to see everything is moving forward in the right direction.
  • Welcome back Shar!
    I'm looking forward to another one of your BAPs, thats if your going to do any again.
  • Glad you found your happy place, Shar. All the best!
  • Glad to hear you're doing great !! Welcome back. Its nice when work doesn't feel like work.
  • Welcome back shar
  • Happy to hear you are doing well Shar.
  • Thanks for the welcome back guys!! Glad you all didn't forget me lol!
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome back guys!! Glad you all didn't forget me lol!

Who are you again?>:D
  • Fitting that the Pixie returned on St. Patrick's Day.
  • Never mind about comp . . . he's just that much older with that much less memory. Glad you are back, it's always nice to have a feminine touch around here . . . besides Mark, of course.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Who are you again?>:D

I thought your home nurse made sure you took ALL your mind meds!! You poor delusional old man...we will look after you don't worry :)
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Fitting that the Pixie returned on St. Patrick's Day.

Brownie points for catching that one ;)