Was I being a jerk? Home game qustion

So last night I played my first game of poker in several months a 25/50cent game which actually took place in the penthouse (a strip club in Vancouver.. but i was closed for the night..interesting)

So I get into one hand... I'm on button with ADQC.. 4 bucks pre 3 players.

Flop is JC 7D JH guy C bets 7 and I call.. Turn is 6C.. he checks, I bet 15, he makes it 30 and I snap all in for 60+ more.. we have roughly the same... he tanks for 3 minutes and folds.. and I have a big smile on my face "woosh thank god"

Anyways so people are curious to what I have and highest stack is really pressuring me to show (at this point table has seen one showdown of a boat and a hand where I raised on button with J3 suited to get a bunch of dead $2 bets) Now we have a dealer but not too many people are tipping at all so I said I would show both if he tipped the dealer $5 most of the table seemed to like that and after he said he only wanted to see 1.. so he tipped him $3 and he picked one (it was the ace)

This was a real fun and friendly game and nobody seemed to have a problem with it except a guy next to me (Heavyset grouch late 40s/early50s...) who did not seem impressed who I did hear mumble some rather rude things about yours truly.

Like I said nobody else had a problem with what I offered and we all seemed to be having a good time should I just shrug it off or do you think what I proposed was a jerk move? Though I don't really see why it would be.

Comments

• You're under no obligation to show your hand so fuck that guy.

You made an offer to help the dealer out and the guy accepted it. I see no problem with it.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    You're under no obligation to show your hand so fuck that guy.

You made an offer to help the dealer out and the guy accepted it. I see no problem with it.

This.

Next time, offering to drop your pants for $20 will shut grumble guy up.
  • Us late 40s heavyset grouches just want to make sure we get our 40 folds an hour in... Don't let it bother you!
  • Macke wrote: »
    So last night I played my first game of poker in several months a 25/50cent game which actually took place in the penthouse (a strip club in Vancouver.. but i was closed for the night..interesting)

So I get into one hand... I'm on button with ADQC.. 4 bucks pre 3 players.

Flop is JC 7D JH guy C bets 7 and I call.. Turn is 6C.. he checks, I bet 15, he makes it 30 and I snap all in for 60+ more.. we have roughly the same... he tanks for 3 minutes and folds.. and I have a big smile on my face "woosh thank god"

Anyways so people are curious to what I have and highest stack is really pressuring me to show (at this point table has seen one showdown of a boat and a hand where I raised on button with J3 suited to get a bunch of dead $2 bets) Now we have a dealer but not too many people are tipping at all so I said I would show both if he tipped the dealer $5 most of the table seemed to like that and after he said he only wanted to see 1.. so he tipped him $3 and he picked one (it was the ace)

This was a real fun and friendly game and nobody seemed to have a problem with it except a guy next to me (Heavyset grouch late 40s/early50s...) who did not seem impressed who I did hear mumble some rather rude things about yours truly.

Like I said nobody else had a problem with what I offered and we all seemed to be having a good time should I just shrug it off or do you think what I proposed was a jerk move? Though I don't really see why it would be.

I'm curious..

How did he further react when you proceeded to berate him for not tipping the dealer more? What did he say when you started flirting with him? How did his mood change when you started bragging about what an easy game it was when every nitty fuckwad in the room is taking a .25/.50 game so damned serious?

Come on man, it's like hand histories, you can't really do much in a vacuum of information.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I'm curious..

How did he further react when you proceeded to berate him for not tipping the dealer more? What did he say when you started flirting with him? How did his mood change when you started bragging about what an easy game it was when every nitty fuckwad in the room is taking a .25/.50 game so damned serious?

Come on man, it's like hand histories, you can't really do much in a vacuum of information.

Mark

Well I stopped flirting with the guy after that...

But does something like that require more info? Was just a one off and this guy thinks it was a asshole move
  • Only assholes think that's an asshole move

And I would know

Mark