Comments

• oops, This thread was not showing when I posted,lol.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    oops, This thread was not showing when I posted,lol.

Thats OK Phil, the schedule looks amazing! More chips and more events geared towards new players. I cant wait to go for a couple of years and then start complaining about how the schedule is geared to much towards recreational players. :laugh:
  • Tentatively scheduled for June 10-16......

Stops:

1K PLO on June 11th
    1.5k Monster Stack on June 13th
  • Was planning on going for early july... Thoughts on the $777 "lucky sevens" event?
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    Was planning on going for early july... Thoughts on the $777 "lucky sevens" event?

Hoping to satty into Main Event...if so, I'll likely play this one as well
  • Tentatively scheduled for June 5th to 15th.

Playing.
    Milly
    1500 event
    5000 event
    Monster
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Tentatively scheduled for June 10-16......

Stops:

1K PLO on June 11th
    1.5k Monster Stack on June 13th

That looks like an amazing schedule. You can go from Laggy in the PLO to Taggy in the Monster.
    Was planning on going for early july... Thoughts on the $777 "lucky sevens" event?

This will be my first WSOP so take this with a grain of donkey. The Collusus looks like its going to be amazing value. The hidden value for myself is the Hyper Turbo 1k on the same opening weekend. This 1K is going to be HUGE thousands of dejected Collusus bust out looking for one last shot ( probably myself included).

For an extra 233 you can play a massive 1K. Now please keep in mind guys like Steve Kerr are looking for value and deep structures (just look his planned schedule). Im embracing the dark side of variance. Its my first trip and tournaments like Collusus and Hyper Turbo suit my current skill level and playing style.

If you have another event besides the 777 then go for it! If your looking for the sheer experience then Collusus will be unmatched IMO.
  • Looking forward to my annual WSOP trek. Missed the Seniors' last year as I made the mistake of assuming it would be held on Father's day weekend (as in previous years) but they changed it after I had already booked by trip. This year it's back on Father's day weekend so I'll be down for a week or so around the 19th of June.

Hey Comp, I see they've added a Super Seniors this year - starts two days after the Seniors. I guess they were thinking of you when they added it (have to be over 65). :P

Fortunately I don't qualify. :-)
  • F U Gogie....;)
  • And actually might be interested in this Super Seniors event, after all, I am Super, just ask me... Better structure than when I played the Seniors 3 or 4 years ago.. Playing against people who are sleeping seems +ev too. Trouble is, field might likely be smaller and get smaller faster as participants "die off". Am I allowed to steal blinds from dead pool entries? BAP?

And I've been running pretty good lately.. Made money at 5 of the past 6 times I've played and only lost small amount the other time...
  • How about a 90 years and over?I would be interested and willing to accept BAP donations.I am a lock to cash in that tourney.
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    How about a 90 years and over?I would be interested and willing to accept BAP donations.I am a lock to cash in that tourney.

A HU tourney? Prize pool kinda small tho..>:D
  • compuease wrote: »
    A HU tourney? Prize pool kinda small tho..>:D
    I found a BAP it is DEPENDS but I have to display their logo on my clothing.They will give me a free lifetime supply of their latest products if I win.
    And actually might be interested in this Super Seniors event, after all, I am Super, just ask me... Better structure than when I played the Seniors 3 or 4 years ago.. Playing against people who are sleeping seems +ev too. Trouble is, field might likely be smaller and get smaller faster as participants "die off". Am I allowed to steal blinds from dead pool entries? BAP?

And I've been running pretty good lately.. Made money at 5 of the past 6 times I've played and only lost small amount the other time...

Hi Compuease did you find the field soft in the seniors event compared to the regular 1K's at the WSOP? I find playing older players extremely challenging to play against(please don't be offended age really is a relative thing). I know I have made the mistake of stereotyping the sweet older lady who likes to talk a being timid only to find out she is a three barrel bluffing machine.
  • Hi Compuease did you find the field soft in the seniors event compared to the regular 1K's at the WSOP? I find playing older players extremely challenging to play against(please don't be offended age really is a relative thing). I know I have made the mistake of stereotyping the sweet older lady who likes to talk a being timid only to find out she is a three barrel bluffing machine.

Actually I find it is easier playing the "avg" player than those who played the seniors at that point (6 years ago now, wow time flies, seems like yesterday). Definitely more aggressive but smart aggressive if you know what I mean. 3 barrel bluffing is for tv and not a winning strategy overall. You may get away with in certain isolated situations but rarely often.

Think there were 2700 in my event, bigger now, and I went out in the 300's. I saw some real tricky plays by some seemingly nice older gentlemen. Don't fool yourself, I think the typical $1500. event would be easier. Now if I play the super seniors I am hoping senility and dementia will have kicked in on some, making the field easier but I'm not so sure.

Here is the link to my experience at that time if it helps.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f10/compueases-wsop-seniors-tracking-thread-19649/
    Actually I find it is easier playing the "avg" player than those who played the seniors at that point (6 years ago now, wow time flies, seems like yesterday). Definitely more aggressive but smart aggressive if you know what I mean. 3 barrel bluffing is for tv and not a winning strategy overall. You may get away with in certain isolated situations but rarely often.

Think there were 2700 in my event, bigger now, and I went out in the 300's. I saw some real tricky plays by some seemingly nice older gentlemen. Don't fool yourself, I think the typical $1500. event would be easier. Now if I play the super seniors I am hoping senility and dementia will have kicked in on some, making the field easier but I'm not so sure.

Here is the link to my experience at that time if it helps.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f10/compueases-wsop-seniors-tracking-thread-19649/

Thank you so much for the insight! I've been beaten by the best of them and if I get knocked out by someone twice my age I'll internalize my F-bomb instead of yelling it. I mean after all I should still show some respect :)
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    How about a 90 years and over?I would be interested and willing to accept BAP donations.I am a lock to cash in that tourney.

Good to see you back chaimr1924!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • We are now 100 days out from the big show:D

I know there are Main Event MTT's running everyday at the WSOP in the $300 to $500 level. Are there satellites for 1000 and 1500? I know that there are the SNG's but are there MTT's?

Im also looking for your opinions on EV/ROI for the Daily Deep Stacks. I know there turbos but I have heard they are great value.

Now looking at June instead, figure may as well hit the Colossus after all. Anyone else playing this or going around that time? Probably looking at May 27-28 to Jun 3.

edit: booked. Air Canada Non Stop from YYZ, $380 taxes in, I'll be there May 26-Jun 3.
  • Its getting closer..........looking forward to blasting off my bankroll in the Colossus. I'm preregistered for all 4 flights and the 1K Hyper Holdem just in case. I spoke with the WSOP staff and they said they are just short of 1000 already registered as of 3 days ago. Now I don't know if that's 1K people or flights.

The staff were very accomading and answered all my questions (as this is my first time going). She said in no uncertain terms the Colossus will SELL OUT (at least original flights), the over/under is at 20K!!! I know it will be a total *&^% show but I cant wait for the madness.