New Legal?Licensed? Poker Room Opening In Toronto

Comments

• Licensed and Legal ? ? By who..? Did OLG change their rules, did we miss something? I think not.. Looks like a 3 storey walk up in a relatively upscale area. Wonder if they will actually open and try?
  • I doubt their claims esp since it's 100k / year for a licence
  • You would think they'd have some OLG branding on their site.

With so many clubs operating in the relative open, people are getting bold. It's only a matter of time before police start paying visits, in my opinion of course.
  • Hahahahahaha /thread
  • i thought it was a scam when i first read about.Interesting site tho.i can see a line up on opening day to an empty building.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I doubt their claims esp since it's 100k / year for a licence
    Where can i buy a license:D
  • Its all bogus. Just a fancy website.
  • It's a 10 minute walk from my work. I may take a stroll by to see WTF is going on.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    It's a 10 minute walk from my work. I may take a stroll by to see WTF is going on.

TR please . . .
  • There is no such thing as a poker licence in Ontario. Anyone can say they are licenced but the reality is its just another underground game with a fancy website.

If you recall the old Poker Place that use to promote tournaments on this site, they now have an amazing new club in North York near Finch and 404. It appears to be Vegas caliber style club. It can be found on Meetup. I heard Evelyn Ng was dealing their last week. They have daily tournaments and cash games. Looks like a new underground poker mecca.
  • JimmyHo wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a poker licence in Ontario. Anyone can say they are licenced but the reality is its just another underground game with a fancy website.

If you recall the old Poker Place that use to promote tournaments on this site, they now have an amazing new club in North York near Finch and 404. It appears to be Vegas caliber style club. It can be found on Meetup. I heard Evelyn Ng was dealing their last week. They have daily tournaments and cash games. Looks like a new underground poker mecca.
    Evelyn is now a dealer ??Where did she go wrong?I was thinking of takina look at the Hayden Street location to day abd see WTF is going on there.i expect to see a boardrd up condemmed building:D
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    .i expect to see a boardrd up condemmed building:D

Nope, on Google Street view it looks reasonably upscale.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Nope, on Google Street view it looks reasonably upscale.
    I just checked out 48 hayden St.First of all the street is messedwith construction the building is an old townhouse that is sort of fixed up cheaply on the exterior looks like someone is living there.No signs or info.next door is a church.
  • I'd check out the church. The one I grew up in had cash snooker games and 9 ball going on in the backrooms. Less risky.
  • Shot of new 'Poker Place'. Looks pretty decent. I was told each player gets a player's card and when you come in, you swipe the card to sign up for cash games (kind of like the system they have at woodbine)

According to meetup, they are getting around 40 players most weekends for their tournaments:
  • JimmyHo wrote: »
    Shot of new 'Poker Place'. Looks pretty decent. I was told each player gets a player's card and when you come in, you swipe the card to sign up for cash games (kind of like the system they have at woodbine)

According to meetup, they are getting around 40 players most weekends for their tournaments:

Structure still sucks though.
  • I might check it out on Saturday. $320 mtt
  • Facebook page is gone now. :D