Snowmaggedon . . .

Well, not really . . . but is it just me, or has Environment Canada really ramped up the Weather Warnings and alerts in the wake of last winter's ice storm?

I get that the transition between snow and rain today "could" lead to icy conditions and freezing rain, but come on . . .

We are talking about 2-5 cm of snow where I am, and less than 20 mm of rain to follow. Whatever ice DOES come will be melted by midnight. Yet for the last couple days we have been getting the big push from the weather folks in the media, and this is not the first time this season.

We have had what I would call one major weather system of concern this season. And even that system was melted away within a week.

Comments

• Wow, shoreline of Lake Huron is getting destroyed today with snow. I was supposed to be driving into a cottage down an unplowed treacherous dirt road with a fair sized hill to work in an area with nobody around for miles and miles. Thankfully the contractor called it off as all the roads are closed, so I get my first day off since boxing day.

However, tomorrow apparently we're going to try and drive as close as we can get and hoof our gear down the hill and about a half mile beyond that to get there. I'm really not looking forward to that idea.
  • Bring a sled and let Ace TOW the gear.