2015 Fat Boy Challenge

OK this hasn't been done in a while and I need to drop a lot of weight. Haddon is excluded because of chemo. who is in for greatest percentage of body weight dropped from Jan. 15 to March 1.

Comments

• AcidJoe wrote: »
    OK this hasn't been done in a while and I need to drop a lot of weight. Haddon is excluded because of chemo. who is in for greatest percentage of body weight dropped from Jan. 15 to March 1.

Why wait till Jan 15th. Get your ass to Buzzzardd's on the 3rd, I will bring a scale (goes to 400lbs) and we can start. Al is going to be there and wouldn't mind setting up the excel sheet (or someone else). Then we can end it March 21st at Buzzzardd's.

Everyone who is in throws 20.00 and pay out the top 3 - 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%.

Prophet22
  • I'm in

Have to trust me if I don't make it to Buzzzarrds

Milton "Not So" Slim
  • Is this a % loss or absolute lbs?
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    I'm in

Milton "Not So" Slim

we trust you, although with your game you should be at Buzzzardd's, after all the golf coarse is closed.

%
  • I used the incentive of a Jan 3rd weigh in to sign up for Buzzzardds. I'm only 3 lbs from my all time high point so I hope this is a go.

I can't do a Mar 21st weigh in since I'll be in Myrtle Beach for March break (additional motivation...)

• I can't do a Mar 21st weigh in since I'll be in Myrtle Beach for March break (additional motivation...)

My wife wants to go stay at coral beach resort in myrtle beach. It's $400 for the week. We have heard good things about it.

Do you drive and if yes, do you suggest night or day driving.

Sorry to derail thread.
  • I'm in, past the 190 mark and getting close to 200. Usual weight around 165 and was around 145 in university. Can I post photos of my initial weigh in?
  • Sounds good profit, now to find buzzards thread so I'm in.
  • Obviously this hit a nerve with a few people. Welcome to the 2015 Fat Boy Challenge.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Is this a % loss or absolute lbs?

Greatest % as we want Jimmy Ho in there.
  • I like the timing of this. I was about to join the local fitness club this week. I'm in for $20.
    Tipping the scales at 260 for now. See you at Buzzards.
  • I'm definitely in. Like Jimmy I'm closing in on 200 and even if it isn't enough to win, if this contest motivates me back to 170-175 it will be well worth the $20 spent.
  • JimmyHo wrote: »
    I'm in, past the 190 mark and getting close to 200. Usual weight around 165 and was around 145 in university. Can I post photos of my initial weigh in?

entire body, not just a leg! (145??)

Milton Not so!
    I'm in

Milton "Not So" Slim

Get your ass here on Saturday for the weigh in. Oh, and the poker too. I guarentee, there will be lots of golf talk.
  • are we accepting western entries?

I've been adding to my weight steadily over the last couple years......membership at the gym been unused in 2014.

Haven't weighed myself in over a year, but I'm guessing 230....but definately my fattest ever? If I can get in, will post pic of scale at gym by this weekend.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    are we accepting western entries?

I've been adding to my weight steadily over the last couple years......membership at the gym been unused in 2014.

Haven't weighed myself in over a year, but I'm guessing 230....but definately my fattest ever? If I can get in, will post pic of scale at gym by this weekend.

Sure, that wouldbe great! All post of the weight in will go in the other thread by midnight Jan 3rd.

Prophet22
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    are we accepting western entries?

he has to weigh in 3 hours earlier!

Seemed a lot funnier when I thought it then when I wrote it!

Milton Not so
    he has to weigh in 3 hours earlier!

Seemed a lot funnier when I thought it then when I wrote it!

Milton Not so

I laughed! As long as the post says Jan. 3rd 2015 I think we are good. And yes, I know you are kidding.

BTW, where are you golfing Jan. 3rd that you can't play poker?
  • i'd consider participating but i'd want to go for a lot more money to give me the motivation i need to stop eating ridiculous amounts of garbage. something around $75 or $100 with winner take all. i'd probably even say we donate half to one of the charities we are trying to avoid needing: heart and stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc.

i'm surprised i'm not bigger than all of you but i'm in the top 5 probably :)

i won't be at buzzards but i can arrange something with jimmyho or one of the other guys who know me and want to do this for more $$$.

for a 2.5-month challenge, I'm pretty sure I could lose 20+% of my body weight, given the motivation. i've done it before. a few times... the problem with a short challenge, though, is most will put the weight back on, and then some. i'd suggest something closer to a 6-month challenge. the person that wins that has a good chance to keep the weight off for the long term.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i'd consider participating but i'd want to go for a lot more money to give me the motivation i need to stop eating ridiculous amounts of garbage. something around $75 or $100 with winner take all. i'd probably even say we donate half to one of the charities we are trying to avoid needing: heart and stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc.

i'm surprised i'm not bigger than all of you but i'm in the top 5 probably :)

i won't be at buzzards but i can arrange something with jimmyho or one of the other guys who know me and want to do this for more $$$.

for a 2.5-month challenge, I'm pretty sure I could lose 20+% of my body weight, given the motivation. i've done it before. a few times... the problem with a short challenge, though, is most will put the weight back on, and then some. i'd suggest something closer to a 6-month challenge. the person that wins that has a good chance to keep the weight off for the long term.

I'd consider participating for $100 as well.

Maybe something like this...

40% to winner on March 21st
    40% to winner in June (I'd be willing to host a tourney)
    20% to charity
  • g2 wrote: »
    I'd consider participating for $100 as well.

Maybe something like this...

40% to winner on March 21st
    40% to winner in June (I'd be willing to host a tourney)
    20% to charity

Some of us only have the Christmas "add ons to lose"

I'd go in both, weigh in still the same day. g2 can handle this.

I was talking with Joe last night and this is just to kick of the New year in the right direction. The 20.00 isn't to get people rich, just something to think about.

Prophet22
  • Yeah I'd likely be in for this as well.
  • Can we get an idea of starting weights?
  • JimmyHo wrote: »
    Can we get an idea of starting weights?

I will go out on a limb and say I am more than twice what g2 weighs ^-^

Prophet22
  • Low 190s I believe. Aiming to be <170 by April
  • Peaked at 210 over the holidays. Heaviest I have ever been was 215.

True story: Went to Burger King last night at around 9PM, and had more than one main course.

I'm in.
  • 288 this morning for me
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    True story: Went to Burger King last night at around 9PM, and had more than one main course.

Jesus wept.

What happened to us?
  • I am glad to see so much interest in this. I am in for the added bonus that the Gregs spoke of.....