Bye bye Parlays? Soon able to bet on single sports events?

Pro leagues divided over legalizing Canada's $15.5B sports betting industry - Article - TSN

Hope this passes... I know you can do it online at a number of sites but they are a pain.

Comments

• If it is at all possible that this will mean less revenue for OLG, then it does not have a hope in hell of happening.
  • Macke wrote: »
    Pro leagues divided over legalizing Canada's $15.5B sports betting industry - Article - TSN

Hope this passes... I know you can do it online at a number of sites but they are a pain.

Wait....you would prefer it not online? How is it a pain exactly as they lowest rake, best odds, as well as the best options to bet on as well as player and team bets are super clutch and impossible to find elsewhere.

Im just genuinely curious what problems you encountered, I couldnt imagine a better way.

As someone who bets hundreds of parlays a week I assure you its much easier online, I mean I dont even know how to place a sports bet otherwise. I didnt even know sports betting was a grey area in canada lol.

The province led sportsbetting scams like the ontario Pro-Line is virtually unbeatable due to the house edge. Its like 40% compared to bodogs like 5-10%?

I don't think its the parlays people hate, its probably the unbeatable nature of the OLG that people hate. I do tons of single team sport betting too, which is incredibly easy to do online. There are max limits that some high stakes players would find to be annoying, but if you want to bet $25,000 go to vegas.

Also, single sports events were apparently never an option for pro-line or something??! LOL How backwards are these province betting options?? Terrible.

Its basically impossible for a better legal version to exist for ALL of canada. I cant even fathom what i'd do if I couldnt grind sports.
  • That video is kind of tilting, its almost like the media are stuck back in like pre 2005 internet world and are unaware of where the world is.

At one point they are like "He's worried these "addicts" (lol) might soon be able to use their smartphones and tablets to bet on live events"

Soon? I use my phone for 80% of my sports betting.... since 2009.

i literally make most of my money from bodog live betting, little edges especially on player specific bets are so awesome and profitable.

just annoys me, just seems so outdated and biased. the gov't sites and options will never be able to compete with Bodog, 5dimes, 888, its impossible.